By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Games Outselling Xbox One 3:1

zumnupy10 said:
Sony is really doing a good job with PS4. It really doesn't look like the same company that managed PS3 in 2007.

...and the PS Vita in 2012-  untill now

:(

Around the Network
chapset said:
HipHopGodd said:
chapsetd:

But the X1 is winning in the US guys, that's the most important thing

I hear that very often. Why is that?

Freedom and shit

Damned.

I thought Europe is more important as games and consoles are sold  1:1Euro/dollar ratio

but 60 Euro are  almost 80dollars and a 400 dollar console sold with a 20 dollar profit will be sold in Europe with a 140dollar profit.

This US Feedom shit seems to be a really really big thing.Especially freedom fries.Hope the USA can protect this freedom at any cost with NSA,drone surveillance and gun grabbing.

topic

i doubt those numbers:

Software -Hardware ratio is almost the same for both consoles .The console ratio is ca.

1.4:1 in favour for ps 4 therefore the software ratio should also be 1,4:1 or even lower

as early adopters are mostly fanboys buying all exclusives they can get + there are already free ps+ games for ps4 which should keep gamers busy and keep them from buying further games soon.

zumnupy10 said:
Sony is really doing a good job with PS4. It really doesn't look like the same company that managed PS3 in 2007.

This time the yen isn't against them. The console could be priced reasonably and they have budget for marketing.

Let me guess. You bought it at launch and anything before Dec. 1st is not counted. I thought PS4 would have been hard to find between Dec. 1st and Jan. 17. Why are we discussing the sales of a single retailer again?

kowenicki said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
what gamess, ps4 has no games right?

well to be fair it has multiplats.

dont forget that the ONE got either FIFA or Forza free too.

but there is one other metric that should not be iognred.... can you spot it?

pixels/game ? /jk

There is marketing budget, PR, game's quality, indies, psplus that is really interesting as crossmarketing ...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Legend11 said:
kowenicki said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I'll take a guess that it's people buying from the website that are not actually in the UK.  Would the games be cheaper to buy from there than in the rest of Europe?  Or it could be that digital game downloads are not counted and for awhile some major games were cheaper on Xbox One's digital game store.

I bought a ONE and 4 games... even if I HAD bought them from play.com (which is just one online retailer in the UK by the way) they wouldn't be included in this data.

So this is just one small sample size from one retailer in the UK. It would be like saying Game A is outselling Game B 5:1, then it turns out it's just a one week sample from Target.com

Thread title should probably be edited to be correct.

kowenicki said:
Legend11 said:
kowenicki said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I'll take a guess that it's people buying from the website that are not actually in the UK.  Would the games be cheaper to buy from there than in the rest of Europe?  Or it could be that digital game downloads are not counted and for awhile some major games were cheaper on Xbox One's digital game store.

I bought a ONE and 4 games... even if I HAD bought them from play.com (which is just one online retailer in the UK by the way) they wouldn't be included in this data.

Sample data starts on 1/12, one week after Xbox launch, missing XOne's most SW sales.

I win, right?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kowenicki said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

please tell me.

He doesn't like the data or what it means long term. 

orniletter said:
zumnupy10 said:

...and the PS Vita in 2012-  untill now

:(

Well remembered.  I tend to forget Vita exists most of the time.

Maybe you should change the title to "Ps4 outsells Xbox one 3:1 on Play.com" considering that is what the original title says.