By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One has won the launch at my dormatory

Max King of the Wild said:
Slimebeast said:
How do you even know that Gears of War will stay exclusive to Xbox?

MS bought the game from Epic now. MS owns it and epic has nothing to do with it. Of course, this means the next one is 3 years out and made by a different studio

in defense that is a good development studio to take up the franchise, so it should be pretty good. it could be bastard of the past games, but with the experience of that studio i would say the iP is in good hands

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:

in defense that is a good development studio to take up the franchise, so it should be pretty good. it could be bastard of the past games, but with the experience of that studio i would say the iP is in good hands

What experience?

joeorc said:

What experience?

He probably means Rod Fergusson.

joeorc said:

What experience?

http://mgsvancouver.com/about/

best known for their work on the MechWarrior series

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
Wow that's cool my school went for ps3 to ps4 lol

They like the PS4 hardware better, but not the games nor the main operating system. Its anyones game this gen, but MS really impressed with the launch. We kept screaming at the Kinect as well and my friend disconnected it again. It's hilarious.

Best quote of the night. "WTF is a Resogun?"

Resogun is a really good game that you essentially get for free with the PS4. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Getting close to graduation and everyones already talking about which consoles to get. We played all the next gen consoles and everyone unanimously agreed Microsoft destroyed the next gen launches with a little help from Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. I didn't even have to bring Titanfall into it, because that will only make the disparity worse. Like twenty of us are buying the Xbox One first, so MS has won over my dormatory. They went from Xbox 360 to PS3 back to Xbox One.

So once Microsoft stops supporting the console in the next few years they're going to go from Xbox One  to PS4?

I'm being serious, because you make the statement everyone went from 360 to PS3, probably because of the drop in exclusives after the initial third party exclusives, while Sony had a slow start, but released exclusive after exclusve until the end of the gen.

I think the same thing is going to happen this gen.  Have a good first few years, early in the consoles life shows more exclusives.  Stop support in the future and have the fanbase you built up advertise for you.

Just as Sony isn't doing everything the same as they did last gen, neither is Microsoft. The repeated comments about the future game prospects being better for the PS4 is just wishful thinking for the Sony faithful. We have no idea which console will have the better or more diverse lineup in 3 or 5 years time. In fact, we have no idea which games will turn out to be great either. There are factors that make it more likely, but that's it.

So choosing a launch system because of launch games ISN'T stupid. If you're going to buy it at launch then you obviously want to enjoy it at launch. If not, you would just wait. There's nothing wrong with what S.T.A.G.E.'s dormmates are doing here. In fact, it shows how the normal world outside of these nutty forums behaves.

I go where the jrpgs are..aka Sony

Obscure Vita 2014 games to look out for

Kick and Fennick Murusaki Baby Metrico

The gen has just started. People saying ps4 has won are to premature.

Darth Tigris said:

Just as Sony isn't doing everything the same as they did last gen, neither is Microsoft. The repeated comments about the future game prospects being better for the PS4 is just wishful thinking for the Sony faithful. We have no idea which console will have the better or more diverse lineup in 3 or 5 years time. In fact, we have no idea which games will turn out to be great either. There are factors that make it more likely, but that's it.

So choosing a launch system because of launch games ISN'T stupid. If you're going to buy it at launch then you obviously want to enjoy it at launch. If not, you would just wait. There's nothing wrong with what S.T.A.G.E.'s dormmates are doing here. In fact, it shows how the normal world outside of these nutty forums behaves.

It's logical thinking. 

X1 has more games at launch but it also has more critical flops. This comes with the territory of trying to make diverse games like Sony. Sony always had a flop or 2 and they chopped down on those studios for the most part after awhile.

We know that Sony can pull ahead. And the games that are most talked about right now on X1 are 3rd party games that were supposed to be on PS4( Dead Rising and Titanfall)

So i would argue that it's just logical reasoning that Sony will eventually pull ahead from what we know

We'll just have to wait and see