By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U will arrive at the end of 2014

BY the end of 2014, as has been the release window since they announced it at E3 2013. "At" means it wouldn't be until November or December. It's probably November, anyway, but "by" is not the same meaning as "at", and "by" is the official translated phrasing.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Perfect timing imo.

This is just like when Melee was released - during the holidays.

I remember buying Melee about 3 weeks before I actually get a Gamecube (which I was lucky to find one cause they were sold out XD).

I'm pretty sure Melee was released AFTER the Gamecube launch. I remember wanting the game, but having to wait.

Good. I expected this, but I know some people were worried about a delay.

sidmeiernintifan said:
New Samsh Bros should be released a few weeks before blackk friday imo, and I hope Nintendo isn't cheap with Marketing. The tv ads should resemble the Mega Man trailer and hot happy families playing on a couch.

So, this year we get 5 titles. Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros U. It looks like we will get 5 games per year, kinda like N64.

You forgot Hyrule Warriors.

DKCTF was very much set and confirmed for a holiday 2013 release. They better not screw this up. Such long waits between games... :/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
DKCTF was very much set and confirmed for a holiday 2013 release. They better not screw this up. Such long waits between games... :/

Nintendo would have to be insane  to delay Smash Bros 4 to 2015. Not only would it hurt Wii U's sales during the holiday season ( Smash Bros 4 would also miss huge sales during the holiday season), but it would also make the  wait for the Smash Bros 4 much longer than necessary.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DélioPT said:
Holiday title there!

Does this mean that Zelda will be delayed, or could Nintendo offer both titles for the holiday season?

I think they've been planning on Zelda coming in 2015 all along. In my opinion at least. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

axumblade said:
DélioPT said:
Holiday title there!

Does this mean that Zelda will be delayed, or could Nintendo offer both titles for the holiday season?

I don't think they've even shown anything for the new Zelda game they've been working on yet. Unless you're talking about Hyrule Warriors, which this shouldn't affect at all. 

They haven`t shown anything yet.
I was just under the impression that Zelda was coming out this year.

TK14 said:
DélioPT said:
Holiday title there!

I think they've been planning on Zelda coming in 2015 all along. In my opinion at least. 

Yeah, you are most probably right.
For some reason i was convinced that Zelda was coming out this year.

With the Hyrule Warriors game coming this year, they will probably wait for next year to release it.

I told people here that Smash would be Nintendo's holiday title for 2014, not Zelda. Looks like I'm right.