By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, show some love to the 3DS!

Tagged games:

Is it a good idea?

Excellent idea! 61 35.06%

Maybe... 19 10.92%

You are just a delusional fanboy Anfebious! 56 32.18%

Nope! 38 21.84%

Total:174

Honestly I'd like to play Sly and Ratchet on the 3DS

Around the Network

Releasing those games wouldn't help the games itself neither woul make SONY has "big" profits and the games would be really bashed cause they don't get even close to the PSVita games! Not to mention the PS3 games

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Rash2049 said:
I voted for the third option!

bubblegamer said:
Rash2049 said:
I voted for the third option!

You flatter me!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Fusioncode said:
How is Ratchet and Clank forgotten? It just got a new game last year. A new Sly Cooper came out not too long ago also. And yes I get the topic but I still felt I had to clarify that.

I don't mean forgotten by Sony but forgotten by people. The last Sly game didn't do so well and Ratchet and Clank isn't as huge as it used to be.

I don't expect Sly to do excellenet in 3DS because the people who like this kind of games are very few these days. Nintendo platformers sell well because of their popularity.

Like I always say Sony isn't just about Money in developing games first and they do make games with passion and try to cater every kind of gamer giving every possible experience they can for their gamers unlike trying to make money in cheap ways mostly. So, they dont need Nintendo money with their IP, by doing so they will get less harware sales in future due to lack of exclusives.

And i also believe Vita to get better soon and it has very good Digital sales so don't count only Physical sales for Vita ever because Vita digital sales are almost lile 60-70% digital as far as i know from the people in my experience.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
Anfebious said:
Fusioncode said:
How is Ratchet and Clank forgotten? It just got a new game last year. A new Sly Cooper came out not too long ago also. And yes I get the topic but I still felt I had to clarify that.

I don't mean forgotten by Sony but forgotten by people. The last Sly game didn't do so well and Ratchet and Clank isn't as huge as it used to be.

I don't expect Sly to do excellenet in 3DS because the people who like this kind of games are very few these days. Nintendo platformers sell well because of their popularity.

Like I always say Sony isn't just about Money in developing games first and they do make games with passion and try to cater every kind of gamer giving every possible experience they can for their gamers unlike trying to make money in cheap ways mostly. So, they dont need Nintendo money with their IP, by doing so they will get less harware sales in future due to lack of exclusives.

I am pretty sure there is a lot of passion but Sony has priorities. Money being one of them. I am pretty sure some franchises would benefit. I'm not talking about sending all their IP's to the 3DS, just some of them.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Anfebious said:

Why would you think it is a joke? Franchises like Ratchet and Clank and Sly, that lost a lot of exposure over time could find a lot of popularity in the 3DS higer install base. I'm not talking about games like Uncharted or God of War but lesser known franchises like the ones I listed.

First of all, they're competitors. Theres no way in hell Sony would directly help Nintendo.

Secondly, that would be a terrible message not only to investor but to fans that own Vitas.

Playstation execs would rather rid themselves of their dicks than make games for Nintendo.

Microsoft made games for a Nintendo handheld. Why can't Sony do it?

Let's face it. Vita fans so far are not happy. Sony needs to start spreading the love.

I doubt they would rid themselves of their dicks. It's a great object of pleasure for them. Money too and if there is money to be had I am sure they will take the chance.

Microsoft doesn't have a handheld.

I am a Vita owner and i'm happy lol

You know whats an even better idea? Since the Wii U is on life support Nintendo should put Mario and Zelda on the PS4... you know... for "exposure". Don't you agree?

Mystro-Sama said:

Microsoft doesn't have a handheld.

I am a Vita owner and i'm happy lol

You know whats an even better idea? Since the Wii U is on life support Nintendo should put Mario and Zelda on the PS4... you know... for "exposure". Don't you agree?

You are happy that's good, I don't expect every Vita owner be like you though.

Sure why not? That's what everyone at VG Chartz suggest so I suppose that's what Nintendo should do. But the thread isn't about the Wii U right? Nope, it's about the Sony and the 3DS and I would like to avoid derailing the thread into a discussion about the Wii U.

Anfebious said:

Some franchises are better suited for handheld consoles. Sly and Ratchet and Clank would work a lot better in a handheld. They just need to release those games on a system that has a big userbase and the 3DS has the biggest userbase in the handheld market. If you want you can add iphones too. They could make somes games for it too.

R&C requires heavy use of the right analog stick, it wouldn't work well at all on 3DS with its one nub. And why would Sly work better on Handheld? 

If Sony released games for 3DS, even if they sell more units, they could end up making less money. 1st party Vita games don't have the additional cost of liscensing fees that they'd have to pay to on 3DS, not to mention that Vita Exclusives sell more Vitas, more Vitas sold means more Vita games sold, which means more money from 3rd parties liscensing their games.

Not to mention that, if Sony does this, it would mean they're leaving the Vita to die, which would severely damage the sales of their hypothetical next handheld (not the most likely occurence, perhaps, but I imagine the'd want to leave their options open, and if the've learned from the Vita's mistakes, they could make something that can actually compete with Nintendo's next handheld).

st0pnsw0p said:
Anfebious said:

Some franchises are better suited for handheld consoles. Sly and Ratchet and Clank would work a lot better in a handheld. They just need to release those games on a system that has a big userbase and the 3DS has the biggest userbase in the handheld market. If you want you can add iphones too. They could make somes games for it too.

R&C requires heavy use of the right analog stick, it wouldn't work well at all on 3DS with its one nub. And why would Sly work better on Handheld? 

If Sony released games for 3DS, even if they sell more units, they could end up making less money. 1st party Vita games don't have the additional cost of liscensing fees that they'd have to pay to on 3DS, not to mention that Vita Exclusives sell more Vitas, more Vitas sold means more Vita games sold, which means more money from 3rd parties liscensing their games.

Not to mention that, if Sony does this, it would mean they're leaving the Vita to die, which would severely damage the sales of their hypothetical next handheld (not the most likely occurence, perhaps, but I imagine the'd want to leave their options open, and if the've learned from the Vita's mistakes, they could make something that can actually compete with Nintendo's next handheld).

I thought they already let the system to die? Even Sony admited they are waiting for something to "surprise" them to help the Vita. That doesn't inspire much confidence.

I do admit you have a point with the licensing fees. But the system is already 2 years old and there is barely support for it, if they wanted to help the system they would have done it by now.