By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, show some love to the 3DS!

Tagged games:

Is it a good idea?

Excellent idea! 61 35.06%

Maybe... 19 10.92%

You are just a delusional fanboy Anfebious! 56 32.18%

Nope! 38 21.84%

Total:174
Anfebious said:

The game released while Rare was owned by Microsoft (Banjo-Pilot) at that time so it could be considered to be a "Microsoft game".

My original point still stands. I think that it could be a good move for some of the Sony franchises that need more exposure.

So? Microsoft had nothing to do with it. Rare made the games and THQ (or, in the case of Diddy Kong Racing DS, Nintendo) published them. Besides, Microsoft doesn't have their own handheld, if they did then they certainly wouldn't allow Rare to continue making games for Nintendo's handhelds.

And if Sony wanted more exposure for their franchises, putting them on PS3 or PS4 would be a much better move than putting them on a rival system.

Around the Network
st0pnsw0p said:
Anfebious said:

The game released while Rare was owned by Microsoft (Banjo-Pilot) at that time so it could be considered to be a "Microsoft game".

My original point still stands. I think that it could be a good move for some of the Sony franchises that need more exposure.

So? Microsoft had nothing to do with it. Rare made the games and THQ (or, in the case of Diddy Kong Racing DS, Nintendo) published them. Besides, Microsoft doesn't have their own handheld, if they did then they certainly wouldn't allow Rare to continue making games for Nintendo's handhelds.

And if Sony wanted more exposure for their franchises, putting them on PS3 or PS4 would be a much better move than putting them on a rival system.

Some franchises are better suited for handheld consoles. Sly and Ratchet and Clank would work a lot better in a handheld. They just need to release those games on a system that has a big userbase and the 3DS has the biggest userbase in the handheld market. If you want you can add iphones too. They could make somes games for it too.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Haha, I haven't read all the responses, but I can already guess that someone is going to point out that it's Nintendo that should put their games on other systems, and that Sony is fine!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

why not the other way round? i'm sure every 3ds game can be done on the vita too but i seriously doubt that every vita game can be done on 3ds.

They should just drop handhelds entirely.

It's clear that the PSP was an aberration--the mass market for console-style games on portables has moved entirely to mobile. Just look how well stuff like Pokemon and Monster Hunter are doing on iOS; why can't Sony just do what Nintendo is doing?

In the meantime, they should drop the models with screens entirely and put all of their focus into the VitaTV to cut costs. The Vita having a screen to allow off-TV play is nice and all, but it's clear that the market doesn't give a shit. Why Sony thought they could capture lightning in a bottle twice with such a gimmick is beyond me.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Sounds like a brilliant idea! !!!

You seem too happy about this. I'm keeping my eyes on you...

OT: The Vita is going to do fine. You just wait.

0815user said:

why not the other way round? i'm sure every 3ds game can be done on the vita too but i seriously doubt that every vita game can be done on 3ds.

If the Vita had a bigger userbase, sure why not. So far it's two years and the system is only at 7 million though, so the choice is pretty clear. It's not about what you can do with the hardware but how much money you can make on it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

NintendoPie said:
brendude13 said:
Sounds like a brilliant idea! !!!

You seem too happy about this. I'm keeping my eyes on you...

OT: The Vita is going to do fine. You just wait.

I'll do like Sony then and wait for a surprise to happen.

Brilliant idea! Sony dedicated handhelds clearly have no place in this market anymore, so it only makes sense for them to go third party on handhelds. Imagine how well games like Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, and Modnation Racers would sell if Sony would only quit being stubborn and release them for Nintendo handhelds!

gigantor21 said:

They should just drop handhelds entirely.

It's clear that the PSP was an aberration--the mass market for console-style games on portables has moved entirely to mobile. Just look how well stuff like Pokemon and Monster Hunter are doing on iOS; why can't Sony just do what Nintendo is doing?

In the meantime, they should drop the models with screens entirely and put all of their focus into the VitaTV to cut costs. The Vita having a screen to allow off-TV play is nice and all, but it's clear that the market doesn't give a shit. Why Sony thought they could capture lightning in a bottle twice with such a gimmick is beyond me.

Yup no more handhelds for Sony.

Their home consoles are doing really good either way.