By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii to Wii U VC transfer question

If I do the transfer between the 2 systems.  Am I going to lose games like Donkey Kong Country 1-3 that I bought through the Wii since they've been removed from the Wii shop?

I believe I have quite a few games no longer on the Wii shop.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

I have no clue.

you shouldn't lose any of the games you have on your Wii as they will transfer directly over to WiiU

if you don't have them on your Wii then I don't know

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I still have DKC 1 & 2 when I go into Wii mode.

Only a select few Wiiware titles don't transfer.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I transferred my Wii games to Wii U. Wish they made it easier to download all the games from the shop. I've got 13 pages of downloads to go through... Only game I couldn't transfer was Lost Winds. It remained on my Wii though so I guess that's ok. I had 1000 blocks worth of saves on the Wii. Took a long time for the tool to complete. I didn't bother with moving any of the games over as I only had like 700 blocks free. I kept all my games on an SD card.

So why does Nintendo charge 1$ to upgrade NES games and 1.50$ to upgrade SNES games for? What's upgraded?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Another question about the Wii U... Does the system allow you to put your Wii U and Wii U VC games in Directories on the main menu? I think they should have made it so that the Wii U menu had links to your SD card VC games so you could click on them and it'd automatically boot to Wii mode. As it stands, switching to Wii mode is slow.

Holding down b as you bootup will take you straight to the Wii Menu.

TanukiTrooper said:
Holding down b as you bootup will take you straight to the Wii Menu.

Not exactly...  you still have to select your Mii and then it boots to the Wii Menu where it sits on the health warning page till you hit the A button.  On the Wii if you didn't hit the A button it would drop you into the main menu in 7 seconds.  On the Wii U it just sits there waiting for you.  It's rather silly that the screen is there at all.  They could have removed it from the Wii U's Wii mode.

DarkNight_DS said:
So why does Nintendo charge 1$ to upgrade NES games and 1.50$ to upgrade SNES games for? What's upgraded?

Off-TV play.

Customizable controls.

Miiverse Compatability + Screenshots.

Restore Points (basically a free save point)

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
DarkNight_DS said:

Off-TV play.

Customizable controls.

Miiverse Compatability + Screenshots.

Restore Points (basically a free save point)

Not worth a 1-1.50$.  This should be free.