By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread - Premier 6th of April in U.S.

I am kinda worried about the next season. I am haven´t the books kinda gone down after the third one?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
I am kinda worried about the next season. I am haven´t the books kinda gone down after the third one?

Yeah. That's why they are compressing two books on a single season. It might be just enough to keep the pace.

haxxiy said:
AndrewWK said:

Yeah. That's why they are compressing two books on a single season. It might be just enough to keep the pace.

Oh wow, that bad hugh?

KylieDog said:
haxxiy said:
AndrewWK said:

That isn't the reason, for one they've already used parts of those books, for another they take place at the same time, they couldn't do a season where Jon, Dany and Tyrion do not appear.

Yup. It is. AFFC and ADWD are horrible - in part because they were supposed to be a time skip, the plot all but staled to Robert Jordan levels (things happening before the end of the latest book, characters brooding for chapters, useless sideplots etc.) and they are only doing seven seasons, so it is the obvious conclusion after streching most of ASOS to two seasons. The only plot point put forward was Bran, and perhaps Theon, because both were already supercharged with fillers. Also, expect a lot of the useless POVs to be cut altogether like Quentyn or Victarion.

Anyone else scared of TWOW spoilers next year? Even if I won't watch season 5, you can't get around the internet and friends. So many s4 spoilers that were posted on Facebook or told by friends

***spoiler s4****

Someone in my circle of friends asked what would happen to Tyrion. Not really asking, he was wondering. Another friend of mine (a girl, coincidence? :P) that hasn't read the books but read everything on the internet because she can't stand the tension in shows, blatantly told him that Tyrion wouldn't die. We were all like -_-'

Or another one of my friends posted on FB he was so happy Joffrey finally died...

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
Anyone else scared of TWOW spoilers next year? Even if I won't watch season 5, you can't get around the internet and friends. So many s4 spoilers that were posted on Facebook or told by friends

***spoiler s4****

Someone in my circle of friends asked what would happen to Tyrion. Not really asking, he was wondering. Another friend of mine (a girl, coincidence? :P) that hasn't read the books but read everything on the internet because she can't stand the tension in shows, blatantly told him that Tyrion wouldn't die. We were all like -_-'

Or another one of my friends posted on FB he was so happy Joffrey finally died...

It's very possible, some storylines are practically over already (Bran, Sansa) so they could venture in content not included in the released books. Let's pray GRRM gets to writing fast (to at least finish The Winds of Winter by the release of next season).

Signature goes here!