By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wonderful 101 back in the Top 100 on Amazon.

I saw this just a little while ago on Amazon.com:

By comparison, the PS3 port of Ghosts was at #42, Titanfall was at #44, the PS4 port of Assassin's Creed IV was at #47.

It seems like that $30 price cut is really helping W101. Sure, it's still far, far from being a best-seller, but relatively speaking it is sort of a comeback. It did get a decent uptick the week of Dec. 29, a week where most games declined in sales. It also had a decent uptick in the U.S. for the week ending the 18th of this month:

If it can manage to keep selling several thousand copies a week on average worldwide (most of those probably coming from the U.S.), it may prove to have small but strong legs, like a small, active critter that, while it will never be as big or as fast as the giants, has a lot of endurance. I think this game stands a good chance of reaching at least the 500k mark (maybe better) by time everything is said and done, which is probably better than what a lot of people thought it would considering its terrible debut, quirky nature, and utter lack of marketing. It still probably won't sell enough to make back its budget, which sucks, as Platinum makes some fun games. I actually bought W101 a couple of weeks ago, though I haven't started it yet because I'm working on WWHD right now and I don't like starting one game when I'm in the middle of trying to beat another.

Around the Network

From what I heard, this game is an hidden gem so it deserves the sales that it gets if not more. I hope it continues to sell well and its great to see it back

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

I still need to pick it up myself. No reason not to at that price. Heading to Amazon now

If you're a Wii U owner, honestly stop sitting there and complaining that you have nothing to play (which really means "I want my next Mario/Zelda/Mario Kart/Smash noooaw!") and buy this. For $30 it's worth it. Sheesh.

It's actually only $23.99 from Amazon themselves. Absolutely no reason for any WiiU owner not to buy this gem at that price... unless of course you don't like awesome games.

Around the Network

bought it from fingerhyr.cpm yestrty

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

How heavily is it discounted though? Sales at low price per unit are a different matter than 60$ a pop.

Tried the demo. Wasnt compelled to purchase, of course its good it's getting more sales.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Every Wii U owner who has ever whinged about lack of new IP or gameplay ideas and who doesn't own this game is a wanker.

good choice for the drought of feburary to may.
Nintendo have to talk about this game, maybe launch a DLC. Just to people start to talk about it again.