By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's Been a Few Months: How is the 2DS Doing?

Does the 2DS have a bright future ahead?

Yes 33 78.57%

No 8 19.05%

Total:41

It was kinda obvious it was going to sell like hotcakes.

Around the Network
Mythmaker1 said:
supernihilist said:
Mythmaker1 said:
supernihilist said:
It has done quite well.
Has sold 3M+ in Q3. Taking in count is not available in Japan, thats a pretty good figure. In fact it has clearly replaced the original 3DS as the second choice.

As far as I'm aware, it hasn't sold near that many.

As far as Japan goes, that's true, though I limited the scope of my analysis to regions where it had been released.

it sold 2.1M i Q3 in America

it sold 1.1M in EU and other regions

2.1 + 1.1 = 3.2M in Q3

I believe you're mistaken. According to the hardware totals attached to their Q3 earnings release, the 2DS sold 1.11M in the Americas and 1.0M in EU and other regions. That only adds up to 2.11M.

so according to you Nintendo only shipped 5M 3DS....ok then LOL

FromDK said:
NoirSon said:
This pretty much signs the death warrant on future glasses-less 3D screen portables from Nintendo.

Yes becourse 40 mill sold 3ds at this point.. means that people don't wont glasses-free 3D

If people really wanted glasses-less 3D we'd have phones with it. Most people buy a 3DS for the awesome games, not the mediocre 3D effect you can get by sitting at a very specific position.

supernihilist said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I believe you're mistaken. According to the hardware totals attached to their Q3 earnings release, the 2DS sold 1.11M in the Americas and 1.0M in EU and other regions. That only adds up to 2.11M.

so according to you Nintendo only shipped 5M 3DS....ok then LOL

In those regions, during that time, pretty much. Is there something wrong with that?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.