By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Hot Topic #1: Mega Articuno, Mega Zapdos, Mega Moltres... Lets Discuss!

_crazy_man_ said:

Choice #1 looks best.

i think so too. There are toooooo many pokemon that is not in OU because of that 50% drop. at least with 25% they can be reliable! Bug/Flying is one of the most common types. Articuno (ice/fly) and Moltres (fire/fly) would love it if an entry hazard would not take half there HP!

I wonder if the rocks were to be nerfed, who  would make it to OU? (Choice A).

My guess is Volcarona/Articuno. Dont kno who else?

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
I want Mega Typhlosion :(

We need Gen 2 starter mega's!!! Im going to make a thread on them soon! I wonder wat Typlosion would have as an ability

sc94597 said:
I want the "teased" Mega Latios and Mega Latias. Although Mega Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos might be good OU material, as they fall under OU right now, while Mega Latios/Mega Latias certainly are ubers.

Not sure about that since they lost the potential to use Soul Dew. Either way, Stealth Rock and the like were definitely not kind to fliers on the metagame :(

I want a mega Magikarp, that would be awesome.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

An ideia i had sometime, was that change the effectiveness aditivelly. not multiplicativelly:

effectiveness:
+2: +200%= *3 damage
+1: +100%= *2 damage
+0: +0%
not effectiveness:
-0: -0%(1/1)
-1: -50%(1/2)
-2: -67%(1/3)

That way, the maximum damage of SR would be only 37,5% rather than 50%, and the minimum damage would increase(3.something% to 4.something%)

But, thunderbolt would cause only 3 times the damage in a gyarados, rather than 4.
And the maximum resistance would be 1/3 rather than 1/4.

What i think that is a good thing: who dies easy for a weakeness would survive more, who lives easy for a resistance would die easier...

------

the mega articuno ability could be magic guard.

Around the Network

mega zap will definitely be on uber....

imagine a drizzle...

roost, hurricane, thunder, t wave/toxic/ hp ice....

would really be too much....

imagine a Calm mind baton passer to zapdos..... that would sweep a lot of poke

tbone51 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Choice #1 looks best.

i think so too. There are toooooo many pokemon that is not in OU because of that 50% drop. at least with 25% they can be reliable! Bug/Flying is one of the most common types. Articuno (ice/fly) and Moltres (fire/fly) would love it if an entry hazard would not take half there HP!

volca is on ou and talonflame will be mostlikely to be ou... and charizard... even with the rock x4 weakness....

with the new presence of defog i think stealth will not be that prevalent anymore.

aikohualda said:
tbone51 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Choice #1 looks best.

volca is on ou and talonflame will be mostlikely to be ou... and charizard... even with the rock x4 weakness....

with the new presence of defog i think stealth will not be that prevalent anymore.

Stealth rocks still needs to be nerfed to half damage.  Anyway Talonflame is OU and on top of the list of it! Almost used as much as Rotom-Wash

tbone51 said:
aikohualda said:
tbone51 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Choice #1 looks best.

Stealth rocks still needs to be nerfed to half damage.  Anyway Talonflame is OU and on top of the list of it! Almost used as much as Rotom-Wash

yeah thats my point.... even half damaged to SR can still be OU.... so i dont think it is that bad.... since most of them only have a few weakness.... and most of them are offensive pokes.... and access to roost or other recovery...

The reason the pokes listed are still OU despite huge SR weakness is that their potential is so amazing that it over powers its weakness.

Other pokemon though that are only decent/medicore become shit tier cause their weakness to SR (like Articuno).

Remember Charizard was NU/RU until Megas, cause Charizard X is a great DD swear or Bulky Tank, and Charizard Y is an amazing Wall Breaker that they are OU.

Defog nerfed Spikes + Toxic Spikes WAY more than SR.  Cause SR takes 1 turn to set up, hell lots of teams that have a Defoger still run SR cause its so easy to set up again.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)