By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q3 FY2013 Earnings (Stock UP 5%; Profit Beats Forecasts; 7.8m PS4+PS3; 2m Vita+PSP)

Viktor said:
ethomaz said:

Viktor said:

If this data is correct there´s no problem. In dact I welcome more information in general. Why exactly should more information be a bad thing? Does reality really hurt your Sonyfan heart so much?

I guess it hurts non-Sony fans

The only users that have a problem and even wish this chart to be bannable are whiny Sonyfans.

So Kowenicki is a Sony fan now? The problem with that table is the "TOTAL" column at the bottom, you can't just add profits and losses that have been made over years like that, that's not how it works.

Around the Network

DerNebel said:

So Kowenicki is a Sony fan now? The problem with that table is the "TOTAL" column at the bottom, you can't just add profits and losses that have been made over years like that, that's not how it works.

Anybody that looks at this table knows that doesn't means this total but just a sum with no compromisse.

ethomaz said:

DerNebel said:

Anybody that looks at this table knows that doesn't means this total but just a sum with no compromisse.

Anybody that knows at least something about how businesses work, knows that this sum is completely pointless.

DerNebel said:

Anybody that knows at least something about how businesses work, knows that this sum is completely pointless.

I knows nothing so the sum will continue I won't make a new one just to remove something that don't change anything about the view of the company.

ethomaz said:

Asdrendeluxe said:

No Fanboy doing but are this number true?

How is it possible then they make so little money on the PS2?

I mean this thing was a killer Console. It was the ultimate Console in Europe, America, Japan and the rest of the World.

Sorry its shoking me right now. Thanks for the information.

No game console ever had big profits... 500 million per year is a huge success... FY2002 PS2 was close to 1 million operation profit... this is crazy for the videogame business.

Thank you very much for the information. With another word this buisniss modell suck. I have believe they make billions with the PS2. Hell every fucking one has a Playstation 2 in Europe. Even in my Motherland (Kosovo) thej have more PS2 shop where you can play PS2 then Internet Cafes today.

Thats realy disapointed for me but hej thej will be a good sucess for Sony with the PS4.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

Around the Network

The latest Sony news before the earnings release was the possibility of joint venture for the PC business... first with Lenovo and after with other companies.

TOKYO, February 1, 2014 -- A press report on February 1, 2014 stated that Sony Corporation ("Sony") is discussing with Lenovo Group ("Lenovo") the possible establishment of a joint venture for the PC business. As Sony has announced previously, Sony continues to address various options for the PC business, but the press report on a possible PC business alliance between Sony and Lenovo is inaccurate.

TOKYO, February 5, 2014 -- Press reports on February 4-5, 2014 stated that Sony Corporation ("Sony") is discussing with Japan Industrial Partners Inc. (JIP) to establish a new company for Sony's PC business in Japan. Sony has made no announcement in this regard. As Sony has announced previously, Sony continues to address various options for the PC business, but Sony has no further comments.

They are discussing that with a lot of companies... nothing concret yet.

The Gracenote sales will be posted in the next quarter (Q4 2013)... $60 million operation profit... Sony will add it to FY's forecast.

11 hours to the results.

7 hours.

Don't disappoint me Sony.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Oh this is tonight.

Let's hope vita is undertracked by a million!!!