By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

Welfare said:
bosslug said:
zorg1000 said:
bosslug said:
what does this put HW totals at?

Wii U-5.86

3DS-42.74

Wii U hugely undertracked????

Shipped. Not sold through.

oops

Around the Network

At least its a profit, lots of big titles I know people were hoping for more.

Iwata saved!

So how much have they profited/lost in all 3 quarters combined?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintendo stated on January 17 that they would be making a net loss by the end of the fiscal year (March); I can see them making a operating loss based on Q3 results but I do not understand how they would make net loss.

Around the Network

Why are they buying stock back? Simply recalling it is not an option?

Also does this mean we have the WiiU overtracked? As stock must be very high for them to decide something like this!

Somini said:
Why are they buying stock back? Simply recalling it is not an option? Also does mean we have the WiiU overtracked? As stock must be very high for them to decide something like this!

Companies generally buy back shares of stock when they want to increase the price of the stock, due to their being less supply.  It's a legal way to try and manipulate the market, so that when the shares go up they can resell them for a higher price.   It's legal in the U.S. because they are still assuming the chance to have it go down by even more.    It also is done to increase stockholder confidence.  If Nintendo is confident enough to buy its own stock, then more people will want it because they think Nintendo knows something that we don't know about the future.   

Edit: Nvm

OT: So what accounts for the huge drop in Net Profit?  I remember reading about 3DS software sales up in 2013 compared to 2012 and 3DS is sold at a profit now.  Is it cause of the Wii U price drop?

When is the investor meeting?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I remember seeing another Nintendo Earnings report thread on this site like a week ago showing a loss...maybe I'm going crazy.

That was them lowering the yearly forcast, this is just Q3