By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

Will continue R & D on hardware in the future

Around the Network

Iwata already starting with the "Please Understand"s. 

Seems like Nintendo will want to create a "new market" : "Need to identify new opportunity and create new market"

What could that mean? A 3rd pillar like Soundwave suggested multiple times?

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Soleron said:

Yoshi's New island has a 14th March date for NA/EU, and a general Summer date for Japan.

Does that mean it's developed in the West?

20/3 is the Mario Party 3DS release in japan, I think they "delayed" it for mario  

President Iwata concedes adapting to change is necessary, but he highlights the company has gone through drastic changes in its 125-year history, starting from Hanafuda cards to now game consoles. He says Nintendo needs to put a balance between what it’s going to continue doing and the drastic change it needs to undergo

Around the Network

WiiU weakness is game pad, recognition is low, price cut not an option, people think game pad is accessory for wii

Iwata says the Wii U's weakness is the GamePad, as people still view it as an accessory to Wii. Nice to hear him saying what we all knew.

Is it me or are there more WiiU games then 3ds games announced for 2014 ?

WiiU game pad needs titles to take advantage of pad, is company's highest priority, will reveal nfc titles at E3, plan highspeed startup

E3 HYPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Iwata acknowledges that the Gamepad is the Wii U's weakness. Could this mean that they are ditching the gamepad?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"