By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 Gets Some Impressive New Screenshots

Tagged games:

FlamingWeazel said:
vivster said:
DialgaMarine said:
vivster said:
I call this 720p.

Well, considering the game is confirmed to be running cinematic 1080p (not full 1080p because of the camera style being used), I'm not really sure what the point of you saying that is. Technically, it'll be higher than 900p, and should run 60 FPS as a result, but we'll see.

It's just that I know absolutely nothing about the game so far. Those screens aren't helping. I don't know why people are so hyped up. Is London and steampunk the only thing it takes for people to freak out like that?

The setting, weapons and concept look very interesting..not hard to figure out.   Who is freaking out?

Everyone is freaking out, calling it GOTY or most anticipated game even though we know practically nothing about it. It's just too much of a strong reaction for something that shows so little.

I mean look at this thread. Everyone orgasming over 2 screens that show nothing new and are in so low quality that you couldn't even make out how this game actually looks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I call this 720p.

More like 800P: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603516

DerNebel said:
A new trailer would be nice. Seriously Sony, MS just announced that they bought one of the biggest 360 IPs and you're not letting any kind of significant media out for your games.

Give us a a gameplay trailer for this or a new trailer for Driveclub including a release date or something about the Uncharted on PS4, you know, build on the PS4s momentum.

Well Sony is having that press event Thursday, there may be some new game trialers/announcments there.

But this game looks amazing! My second most antipated game for the PS4 right behind Infamous.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Nsanity said:
vivster said:
I call this 720p.

More like 800P: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603516

800p sounds rather misleading. Despite being "800p" it still renders more pixels than Ryse in 900p (1920x800 vs 1600x900). The good side of these borders is that the game itself will have the same clarity of 1080p.

I'm still skeptical on the borders themselves, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you put in without first heavily testing if suits the games atmosphere. So for now i'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

vivster said:
DialgaMarine said:
vivster said:
I call this 720p.

Well, considering the game is confirmed to be running cinematic 1080p (not full 1080p because of the camera style being used), I'm not really sure what the point of you saying that is. Technically, it'll be higher than 900p, and should run 60 FPS as a result, but we'll see.

It's just that I know absolutely nothing about the game so far. Those screens aren't helping. I don't know why people are so hyped up. Is London and steampunk the only thing it takes for people to freak out like that?

But we know quite a lot about the game, we don't really know how it plays without an actual gameplay trailer obviously, but the details that RaD gave us, and it's stellar pedigree of the developer, are enough for me personally to be really excited about the game. I love quite linear, cinematic heavily story-based 3rd person shooters/action adventure games, the setting and atmosphere are amazing, the tech they are using (like soft body physics for example) and great graphics are also very welcomed, it definitely feels like a true next gen game. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/25/the-order-1886-ready-at-dawn-divulges-new-details/ some of the things, more interviews for you in the interwebz.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wow... im totally not interested after seeing those screenshots.

Dont take it as a comment to the graphics. The game just gives me a vibe of "been there, done that". I can see the similarities struck with Gear of War that people talk about.

vivster said:
FlamingWeazel said:
vivster said:
DialgaMarine said:
vivster said:
I call this 720p.

The setting, weapons and concept look very interesting..not hard to figure out.   Who is freaking out?

Everyone is freaking out, calling it GOTY or most anticipated game even though we know practically nothing about it. It's just too much of a strong reaction for something that shows so little.

I mean look at this thread. Everyone orgasming over 2 screens that show nothing new and are in so low quality that you couldn't even make out how this game actually looks.

Show me one person saying it is GOTY....... People are excited over it don't like it go post in another thread. Pretty easy. We also know quite a bit about it, as someone else posted and it sounds very interesting, and it is a big first party game with sony santa monica also helping on it, so there is a lot of grunt behind it. Sounds ike you are coming here just to rain on peopels parade.

Azerth said:
Hate the black bars other then that looks good hopefully gameplay measures up

me too black bars suck ass. 

Nem said:
Wow... im totally not interested after seeing those screenshots.

Dont take it as a comment to the graphics. The game just gives me a vibe of "been there, done that". I can see the similarities struck with Gear of War that people talk about.

Nothing about this game screams been there and done that at all.......in fact the setting and premise are very unique.

When this game was confirmed as a 2014 title?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko