By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

FlamingWeazel said:

Ps3 had way more noteworthy first party games then MS.

Opinions and facts, I'll explain the difference one day.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
aryu said:
Mr Puggsly said:
BMaker11 said:

Noteworthy....in the last few years? Oh jeez....DCOU, Infamous 2, KZ3, LBP2, Uncharted 3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, GT6, TLOU, Ascension, Into the Nexus...and that's just off the top of my head. I went 2011, I think, up til now, since you said "in the last few years" and only said TLOU was noteworthy

Here's the thing, several of those games you mentioned wouldn't be considered noteworthy if they were 3rd party games. They get an underserved level of praise simply for being 1st party.

If you're going to keep the bar low, then there are tons of noteworthy games.

Although I hate to admit it but Puggsly is correct that some of the games mentioned would not be considered noteworthy if they were 3rd party titles. Especially games like KZ3.

?? That works with every platform, see crack down, Kameo. remember the hype about Too human? Ryse a perfect example of a poor game getting way more attention then it deserves just because it was x1 exclusive.

If Halo ODSt never had halo in the title it woudl have been a  bomb.

Mr Puggsly said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Ps3 had way more noteworthy first party games then MS.

Opinions and facts, I'll explain the difference one day.

Can't wait for your enlightenment.

FlamingWeazel said:
aryu said:

Although I hate to admit it but Puggsly is correct that some of the games mentioned would not be considered noteworthy if they were 3rd party titles. Especially games like KZ3.

?? That works with every platform, see crack down, Kameo. remember the hype about Too human? Ryse a perfect example of a poor game getting way more attention then it deserves just because it was x1 exclusive.

Crackdown was great fun. If we're going to pretend KZ or Infamous are noteworthy, then Crackdown is automatically noteworthy.

Ryse was interesting, its selling pretty good because its a launch game, but its not going to be remembered as a great game.

Why wouldn't ODST have Halo in the name? Its part of the series.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
FlamingWeazel said:
aryu said:

Crackdown was great fun. If we're going to pretend KZ or Infamous are noteworthy, then Crackdown is automatically noteworthy.

Ryse was interesting, its selling pretty good because its a launch game, but its not going to be remembered as a great game.

Why wouldn't ODST have Halo in the name? Its part of the series.

So your own arguments only work when it works in favour of Microsoft??? LOL. it works both ways and the fact that you are now spinning your own argument speaks volumes. I just showed how it works for both systems. You do not get to determine what is noteworthy. Infamous outsold and has a much higher meta then crackdown, by either measure it is more noteworthy, and with the hype and sales Second son will get.........

Killzone is the highest selling exclusive next gen.  ODSt was noy a good game, it only sold and got the attention it did because it had HALO in the title.

Around the Network

This must be a joke............#DriveClub, Uncharted, The Order, Infamous + all other amazing titles the first parties will bring. Good lord.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

007BondAgent said:
ganoncrotch said:

The word you are looking for is Too.

I disagree that Sony are not working to bring games to the PS4 btw and when it comes to Indie stuff they just recently got Minecraft on Sony systems and it's after selling 1 million copies on the PS3 alone, when that hits the Vita should be amazing.

Actually, the title originally had "Too". I just completely deleted half the title, and didn't notice i went to far.

Anyways, how about big third party exclusives? when will sony get any of them?

I would consider Final Fantasy XIV a "big" third party exclusive. It arrives in 3 months.

FlamingWeazel said:

So your own arguments only work when it works in favour of Microsoft??? LOL. it works both ways and the fact that you are now spinning your own argument speaks volumes. I just showed how it works for both systems. You do not get to determine what is noteworthy. Infamous outsold and has a much higher meta then crackdown, by either measure it is more noteworthy, and with the hype and sales Second son will get.........

Killzone is the highest selling exclusive next gen.  ODSt was noy a good game, it only sold and got the attention it did because it had HALO in the title.

Crackdown has a pretty good metacritic, basically at par with Infamous. Like I said, if you want to consider Infamous noteworthy than I think Crackdown is noteworthy as well. I'm just saying they're in the same league.

Killzone is the highest selling exclusive 8th gen game at the moment. Its nice to see a shooter do well for once. How is Knack doing?

ODST is good. Especially after a session of Killzone.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Crackdown has a pretty good metacritic, basically at par with Infamous. Like I said, if you want to consider Infamous noteworthy than I think Crackdown is noteworthy as well. I'm just saying they're in the same league.

Killzone is the highest selling exclusive 8th gen game at the moment. Its nice to see a shooter do well for once. How is Knack doing?

ODST is good. Especially after a session of Killzone.

You are now devolving into useless Strawman arguments and opinion. point still stands, both have less noteworthy games, and some noteworthy ones, Sony had a lot mroe of them that's fast whether you want to admit it or not.

Last crackdown had a meat of 70.....and sold a lot worse so not not close.

Again, your own argument, works for you only when it favours MS, you are just a  bit biased.

Not sure if cheap is the right word :) Poor or close to bankruptcy maybe?
Sony is no different than Microsoft and if they would have the money, they would definitely buy the IPs or studios (they already did that).