By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is too cheap, And it's annoying me!

Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Sony puts their resources into making great games instead of bribing other companies to not release games on other systems.

Just look at the pathetic effort Microsoft made with the Xbox 360 over the past couple of years.

I prefer the word persuade. Also, its funny nobody complains when Sony money hats exclusives.

Sony did release more games in the past few years, but how many were noteworthy? Last of Us and... lets just say time and money was better spent with 3rd party games.

Noteworthy....in the last few years? Oh jeez....DCOU, Infamous 2, KZ3, LBP2, Uncharted 3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, GT6, TLOU, Ascension, Into the Nexus...and that's just off the top of my head. I went 2011, I think, up til now, since you said "in the last few years" and only said TLOU was noteworthy

Around the Network

Sony has their own studios who are creating actual games, just for their systems, this is a long therm commitment to gaming that MS is not showing (look at the output for tha xb360 since 2009, it's ridiculous)

I was never interested in dlc or console specific content (however Sony does have some for mgsv, had some for ac4 and announced some for watch dogs... Most likely more was announced, but I don't follow that as that type of promotion is hollow to me).

What I find important is that we now have a pretty neat console to run the third party games at a good resolution AND frame rate, with a lot of visual effects, no ammount of third party exclusive content can make up for a better resolution or a higher / more steady frame rate.

as for the exclusives, I don't see more appeal on the xb1, dr3 seems to be unplayable, ryse is a bad attempt at a god of war type hack and slash... Forza 5 may have it's merits, but like all MS published titles you better keep your wallet locked away while playing because they will do their best to rob you out of as much money as they can with their built-in transactions.

BMaker11 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SlayerRondo said:
Sony puts their resources into making great games instead of bribing other companies to not release games on other systems.

Just look at the pathetic effort Microsoft made with the Xbox 360 over the past couple of years.

I prefer the word persuade. Also, its funny nobody complains when Sony money hats exclusives.

Sony did release more games in the past few years, but how many were noteworthy? Last of Us and... lets just say time and money was better spent with 3rd party games.

Noteworthy....in the last few years? Oh jeez....DCOU, Infamous 2, KZ3, LBP2, Uncharted 3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, GT6, TLOU, Ascension, Into the Nexus...and that's just off the top of my head. I went 2011, I think, up til now, since you said "in the last few years" and only said TLOU was noteworthy

Apparently, unless a game has a 95 meta and wins hundreds of goty awards it isn't noteworthy lol.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

MS focuses solely on what sells which keeps their options slim. Sony focuses larger budgets on what sells and experiments with numerous genres. Big difference.

I agree, Sony has been more experimental.

However, that mostly ends in flops. So I anticipate less experiments from Sony.

Sony released more games than MS in the 7th gen, yet managed to sell less software sales. I'm not going to praise Sony for a bunch of mediocre flops.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

MS focuses solely on what sells which keeps their options slim. Sony focuses larger budgets on what sells and experiments with numerous genres. Big difference.

Sony released more games than MS in the 7th gen, yet managed to sell less software sales. I'm not going to praise Sony for a bunch of mediocre flops.

Sales <> quality, yet you keep falling back on that useless argument. 360 had double install base in US, that's the only reason.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Here's the thing, several of those games you mentioned wouldn't be considered noteworthy if they were 3rd party games. They get an underserved level of praise simply for being 1st party.

If you're going to keep the bar low, then there are tons of noteworthy games.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
BMaker11 said:

Here's the thing, several of those games you mentioned wouldn't be considered noteworthy if they were 3rd party games. They get an underserved level of praise simply for being 1st party.

Now you are just downplaying everything and spinning, many of those were very noteworthy sold well and reviewed well.  Ps3 had way more noteworthy first party games then MS.

Sales does not equal quality. typical strawman argument.

FlamingWeazel said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sales <> quality, yet you keep falling back on that useless argument. 360 had double install base in US, that's the only reason.

Ah! So you agree with my point about the US giving MS a sales edge. The US is a great market to have.

I do believe there is a correlation between sales and quality. Quality games generally sell well, but quality doesn't guarantee the best sales.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
BMaker11 said:

Although I hate to admit it but Puggsly is correct that some of the games mentioned would not be considered noteworthy if they were 3rd party titles. Especially games like KZ3.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Best 1st/2nd party developers > Some exclusivity deals FTW!

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey