By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft acquired Gears of War rights. Black Tusk to develop the games

Great news!

Praise the One.

Around the Network
Callum_Alexander said:
This is the reason I bought the Sony console this generation. Sony focuses on creating new IP and they create new studios, Microsoft tend to recycle what is successful in hopes of making a little more money.

and it has started. gratz!

After Judgment it showed that Epic didn't care too much for the Gears franchise, kinda like Bungie with Halo Reach. I'm totally excited that Black Tusk will be making the new one.

crissindahouse said:
Callum_Alexander said:
This is the reason I bought the Sony console this generation. Sony focuses on creating new IP and they create new studios, Microsoft tend to recycle what is successful in hopes of making a little more money.

and it has started. gratz!

report him and be done with it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Callum_Alexander said:

Lol you sound a little bit butthurt there.. You forgot many gamers LOVE gears..

Praise the One.

Around the Network

I've been seeing xbox supporters say the franchise had run it's course. I don't expect this to be big news all of a sudden or is that attitude going to change now that a PS4 version is less likely?

Callum_Alexander said:

MS has plenty of new IPs for Xbox One.

Oh yeah and tell me, what's the next exclusive you're buying? Let me guess, Infamous: Second Son?

short audio interview with rob fergusson

http://majornelson.com/cast/2014/01/27/mnr-rod-fergusson-joins-microsoft/

DirtyP2002 said:
Megaton right here.

Don't see it, it's always been xbox exclusive all last gen. The series also needs some changes the formula is tired now. Handing it over to a new studio could be good or a disaster.

That's what MS should be made since first Gears... and now the same with Titanfall.

They need to have the IP for them.

Late but great move.