By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix shares at highest point since 4 years.. all thanks to.. a Mobile game

NiKKoM said:
AZWification said:

In other news Square Enix cancels Dragon Quest XI  and starts working on the next iOS Dragon Quest game.

Maybe DQXI is an iOS game...

Maybe DQXII is a Game & Watch game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
AZWification said:

In other news Square Enix cancels Dragon Quest XI  and starts working on the next iOS Dragon Quest game.

Either way,  the 3DS fanbase gets fucked by Square Enix.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
NiKKoM said:
AZWification said:

3DS fanbase probably owns an iPad, iPod touch or some cheap android phone...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
AZWification said:
NiKKoM said:
AZWification said:

3DS fanbase probably owns an iPad, iPod touch or some cheap android phone...

Yes, but the 3DS fanbase would start bitching about how Dragon Quest XI  doesn't even come close to DQIX  in terms of quality since it is a mobile phone game.  In the end, nobody would be completely happy............except Square Enix.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
NiKKoM said:
AZWification said:

Totally. "The 3DS fanbase gets so fucked by Square Enix" - said no Vita owner ever.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I consider this good news.
Its unrealistic to think square can survive or stay relevant on consoles without being active on this new market in the long-term.
There are a lot of people who want to play their games on phones and tablet.
I think its great i can play Final Fantasy III - VI and Tactics on my tablet.
I've spend more money on square products this way than I have since Final Fantasy 12.
And i'm looking forward to getting Dragon Quest 1 through 8 on my tablet.

(This new Auto-safe trend in dungeons really ruins any excitement in battles though.
It doesnt matter anymore whether you die or not. You restart right before any lost battle again.
That really sucks and basically brakes these games.)

''Hadouken!''

Square said they were going to focus on mobile more. Looks like it's starting to pay off for them. They've ported a number of games mostly F.F. .Google Play sales haven't been overly huge though.

bucky1965 said:
Square said they were going to focus on mobile more. Looks like it's starting to pay off for them. They've ported a number of games mostly F.F. .Google Play sales haven't been overly huge though.

Correct me if Im wrong but I think iOS is a lot more popular in Japan

ktay95 said:
bucky1965 said:

Don't know the regional stats. But 80% of all phones in the world run android.

bucky1965 said:
ktay95 said:
bucky1965 said:

Don't know the regional stats. But 80% of all phones in the world run android.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/04/30/apple-google-android-kantar/

Yeah, Japan is iOS>Android and they are the only ones