the PSP. That's it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
johnsobas said:
is any other console region free?

the PSP. That's it.

Nintendo DS is ...

I'm probably wrong but I thought the GBA was aswell ...

Portables have the advantage of having a screen which doesn't change resolution or frequency depending on the region so it is trivial to make them region free.

Kwaad said:
bdbdbd said:
Kwaad: or max 20" SDTV (depending in which part of Europe we are going to buy it) with that price. :D

It more or less has to be an EDTV, becuase it runs at 480p, wich is a HD format. I think you can get them for around that price Idunno. I dont waste my time on EDTV. I got 1080p. FullHD.

I mean max 20" tube. For example in Finland (one of the most expensive countries in Europe) the cheapest HD-Ready full HD (with SD tuner) costs around 1800 EUR, and currently HD box costs 600 EUR (although, theres no HD channels in cable or OTA). 150 EUR would be the price for 20" SD tube. If you can find one.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Didnt know the DS was region free.

However for the tube.

a 20inch SDTV will run about 150USD at walmart. You can get a 20inch LCD for about 200.

The 20inch LCD is 480p, and about 175USD.

I'm not talking about a full 1080p HDREADY tv like I got... heh... that F*ker was around 2000$. :P 

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Cobretti said:
thats true bdbdbd, But most PAL TV now should be able to accept a NTSC signal and just fill the rest with black lines top and bottom. However I guess there still bealot of peopel who dont own a relatively modern PAL TV which this issue would arise for.

Just as i said, it's not about the TV, it's about the PS3. It wouldn't play the PAL games even in a NTSC TV. And this means that NTSC PS3 doesn't support PAL sources-> can't output PAL signal. You see, games work at HD, when the source is HD instead of PAL.

It's rather wierd that State-of-Art-video game console can't output Pal60.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Punisher said:
bdbdbd said:
Cobretti said:
thats true bdbdbd, But most PAL TV now should be able to accept a NTSC signal and just fill the rest with black lines top and bottom. However I guess there still bealot of peopel who dont own a relatively modern PAL TV which this issue would arise for.

Just as i said, it's not about the TV, it's about the PS3. It wouldn't play the PAL games even in a NTSC TV. And this means that NTSC PS3 doesn't support PAL sources-> can't output PAL signal. You see, games work at HD, when the source is HD instead of PAL.

It's rather wierd that State-of-Art-video game console can't output Pal60.

I'll have to check my settings, becuase i thought it could output in both formats... but I'm motorstormin' it, so it's hard to check... :p

i think people are missing the point. Most realtively new PAL tvs CRT ones (dont know about lcd or plasma), output at 100Hz. So when iut runs at PAL60 it will work cause of that.

But the whole point is that one of Sony's selling points is that it is region free. Technically it is for many people and not for many others. The console should do the conversion based on the game you put in, not the TV. This is probably why Nintendo and MS decided to opt out of that feature.

where do they advertise 100% compatability with all hardware? Can you show me that?

Your Region Free PS3 dont work on your TV... that is NOT a region problem. That is a compatability problem. It IS working.

An american PS3 has to defult output to NTSC, because if it dont, well... it wont work on most american SDTVs.

A European PS3 has to defult output to PAL... becasue if it dont... it wont work on all SDTVs in europe.

So a new NTSC PS3 wont work on a PAL TV. If I'm not mistaken I can tweak the option in the options... but you have to SEE the image... to CHANGE the option.

Does a PAL game work on a NTSC console?

Last time I checked 'region encoding' only means, that a *american game* wont work on a *european console*

region free, does NOT mean you can buy a american NTSC console, and it work properly with your PAL TV?

If it does, would you please be willing to find where that was ever said?

EDIT: oh, I see what your saying about that now, however get a EDTV... (any LCD TV) and it will work, run it at 480p)