By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Hogan.. Michaels.. Austin.. Rock.. Cena.. Next, Daniel Bryan

I stop watching when Hogan left the WWF and went to WCW but I will say this. Cena is the most embarrassing, candy ass wanna be "face" of all time. Lol. I remember seeing him rapping like Vanilla Ice and thinking "WTF??!". He set the bar low....way low.

Around the Network
RVDondaPC said:
IMP_ervious said:
torok said:
d21lewis said:
You think WWE knows how to make a star. Cute.

If he survives Wrestlemania without getting buried by HHH, it will mean that they finally learned that Cena won't wrestle forever. Let's hope Hunter forgets his shovel at WM or...

I'm probably still being too hopeful or naive but I have to believe that WWE learned something from the Royal Rumble and will have Bryan go over Triple H at Mania. If he was to lose midway through the card then that whole arena will derail any match that comes after it. Even a perennial favorite like Rey Mysterio got booed out of the arena once the people at RR realized Bryan wasn't even going to be in the match. A match between Orton and Batista would be a slaugther after another signature WWE Bryan burial.

I wonder if the fans would start throwing garbage into the arena like the NWO days. 

Or they can give the fans plastic bottles to throw at HHH after he win.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

RVDondaPC said:
IMP_ervious said:
torok said:
d21lewis said:
You think WWE knows how to make a star. Cute.

If he survives Wrestlemania without getting buried by HHH, it will mean that they finally learned that Cena won't wrestle forever. Let's hope Hunter forgets his shovel at WM or...

I'm probably still being too hopeful or naive but I have to believe that WWE learned something from the Royal Rumble and will have Bryan go over Triple H at Mania. If he was to lose midway through the card then that whole arena will derail any match that comes after it. Even a perennial favorite like Rey Mysterio got booed out of the arena once the people at RR realized Bryan wasn't even going to be in the match. A match between Orton and Batista would be a slaugther after another signature WWE Bryan burial.

I wonder if the fans would start throwing garbage into the arena like the NWO days. 

I'd actually like to see that to be honest. Part of the fun of watching right now is just to see how bad the crowd rips on the matches they don't like. The Chicago fans are going to be fun to see this Monday night after the whole CM Punk thing. I wouldn't even bother trying to have anyone cut a promo if I were WWE. It'll just get drowned out by Punk chants.

Cena shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the other 4.

Lawlight said:

What if I say Hogan, Michaels, Austin, and Rock all beat Cena to a bloody pulp?  

Around the Network
IMP_ervious said:

Well, the Batista vs. Orton match will be derailed even if Bryan defeats HHH. Of course, pissing off the audience would only make it worse. HHH is a top star, he won't lose credibility with a Mania loss, but Bryan needs that win. In fact, I believe the Bryan vs. HHH match should have an added specification: if Bryan loses, he gets fired. If he wins, the main event becomes a triple-threat and he fights Batista and Orton. I'm not saying that only because of DB, but because Orton is a heel and Batista is being booed as a face (Elimination Chamber was ridiculous. Even when Del Rio attacked Batista in a competely cheap heel style people cheered for him). If WWE keeps the main event as it is, it will be a boo festival like Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WM.

d21lewis said:
Lawlight said:

What if I say Hogan, Michaels, Austin, and Rock all beat Cena to a bloody pulp?  

Ok, but now you're mention him in the same sentence - not the same breath :D

Its funny how i dont blame the undertaker for one match a year and do hate HHH when he does a match

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

torok said:
IMP_ervious said:

Well, the Batista vs. Orton match will be derailed even if Bryan defeats HHH. Of course, pissing off the audience would only make it worse. HHH is a top star, he won't lose credibility with a Mania loss, but Bryan needs that win. In fact, I believe the Bryan vs. HHH match should have an added specification: if Bryan loses, he gets fired. If he wins, the main event becomes a triple-threat and he fights Batista and Orton. I'm not saying that only because of DB, but because Orton is a heel and Batista is being booed as a face (Elimination Chamber was ridiculous. Even when Del Rio attacked Batista in a competely cheap heel style people cheered for him). If WWE keeps the main event as it is, it will be a boo festival like Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WM.

I've seen some people on wrestling forums toss that stipulation out there and I could definitely see it happening. The only problem I can see is that I think WWE fully intended Batista to come back, win the championship and hold it during his run up to the GOTG movie premiere. If that's their intention still then Bryan would have to lose that triple threat match (most likely through another screw job ending) which would enrage the fans even more to end the PPV. 

Or, Bryan wins the championship and the fans go home ecstatic. Then WWE makes him drop the belt to Batista sometime before the movie premiere which would just be disastrous thing for Bryan's push. They've booked themselves into a lose-lose situation from the looks of things. 

IMP_ervious said:

Or, Bryan wins the championship and the fans go home ecstatic. Then WWE makes him drop the belt to Batista sometime before the movie premiere which would just be disastrous thing for Bryan's push. They've booked themselves into a lose-lose situation from the looks of things. 

They were counting that Batista would get the same reception as the Rock did, just forgeting that Batista isn't anywhere close to the Rock in popularity. Anyway, people just turned on Batista because he got the Rumble place that the public wanted for Bryan. If he returned as Lesnar did (main event, but no title matches, just a bunch of good matches and now Taker at WM. He could even fight by the title later, but it is being a slow thing), people would be more receptive.

In the end they just throwed them at Rumble, made him eliminate the fan favorite Reigns and now they should probably turn him heel. The problem is that they can't have a heel vs. heel at WM main event and at this point is impossible to turn Orton face that quickly. They could probably keep Batista as face and go as it is, but it won't work that well. The ideal would be throw a babyface there. 

Today I've seen a new rumour, about Punk returning in Mar 3rd at RAW in Chicago. That would do some big magic for them. Keep Bryan vs HHH and put CM Punk in the title match. If he returns, is probably what will happen. Punk vs HHH can't happen now because Bryan got the storyline and, if Punk is returning, WWE surely had to give him some big paycheck and a big spot at Mania. 

The source is Dave Meltzer and the link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1978465-cm-punk-latest-updates-and-analysis-on-stars-status-within-wwe