By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Hogan.. Michaels.. Austin.. Rock.. Cena.. Next, Daniel Bryan

torok said:

They were counting that Batista would get the same reception as the Rock did, just forgeting that Batista isn't anywhere close to the Rock in popularity. Anyway, people just turned on Batista because he got the Rumble place that the public wanted for Bryan. If he returned as Lesnar did (main event, but no title matches, just a bunch of good matches and now Taker at WM. He could even fight by the title later, but it is being a slow thing), people would be more receptive.

In the end they just throwed them at Rumble, made him eliminate the fan favorite Reigns and now they should probably turn him heel. The problem is that they can't have a heel vs. heel at WM main event and at this point is impossible to turn Orton face that quickly. They could probably keep Batista as face and go as it is, but it won't work that well. The ideal would be throw a babyface there. 

Today I've seen a new rumour, about Punk returning in Mar 3rd at RAW in Chicago. That would do some big magic for them. Keep Bryan vs HHH and put CM Punk in the title match. If he returns, is probably what will happen. Punk vs HHH can't happen now because Bryan got the storyline and, if Punk is returning, WWE surely had to give him some big paycheck and a big spot at Mania. 

The source is Dave Meltzer and the link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1978465-cm-punk-latest-updates-and-analysis-on-stars-status-within-wwe

I'm a fan of Punks but I kinda don't want to see him return for Wrestlemania at this point. Fans in the arena would love it and he'd get an amazing reception but I feel like it'd be a bandaid on a shotgun wound at this point. WWE really needs to start making new stars and stop relying on retired wrestlers coming back, getting a one episode ratings boost and expecting it to make the fans excited for the show/PPV.

I'm enjoying seeing WWE getting rejected by their live crowds. For the longest time anyone that complained about the lack of excitement on the show has been called an IWC fan or smark. Now that their live crowds are even starting to complain, I feel like they might actually make a change or at least start taking chances again.

Regarding a heel Batista, I think Smackdown pretty much cemented his heel status going into Mania. Orton just made the heel turn not too long ago, so I don't see him going face so soon (especially after his boring face run for the past few years). So its kind of already a heel vs heel feud right now. They're going to need to add a face in there somewhere before it starts to hurt the PPV. Cementing that "win and get in" stipulation for Bryan's match against Triple H would be a good way of adding some excitement (predictable but exciting).

Around the Network

Sometimes the final match isn't the WWE title match. I think this year will be one of those times.

d21lewis said:
Sometimes the final match isn't the WWE title match. I think this year will be one of those times.

You're probably right. If it turns into a triple threat with Bryan winning the belt then I'm certain it'll be on last cause they'll want the PPV ending with the whole arena doing the yes chant. If it's anything other than Bryan (or maybe Punk if that whole thing is true) winning then I think Lesnar vs Taker will go on last.