By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider Definite Edition versus PC comparison

GribbleGrunger said:

You see, this is what has ruined gaming. As a PC gamer you've just been brainwashed into thinking resolution and framerates are ALL you need to prove the PC is better. The reason the PS4 version looks better than the PC version has nothing whatsoever to do with resolution or framerate. You can upgrade > upgrade > upgrade > upgrade > upgrade, spend thousands of pounds to get your PC where it is now, but it will not and never WILL make it look as good as the PS4 version. Just wait for the Definitive version to come to your PC and then you can rest easy and not feel quite so threatened.

Erm...

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. AT ALL. He's clearly not the one that is "threatened" either.

Around the Network

Whoops.

The PS5 Exists. 

brendude13 said:

Erm...

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. AT ALL. He's clearly not the one that is "threatened" either.

Yes, you're right. My mistake, I totally misread that.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
globalisateur said:
GribbleGrunger said:
AZWification said:

Why are some people saying that  Fraud Edition looks better? This thread shows me that the PC version is far superior.

Which one is the PC version?

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Tiedup2.jpg

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Tiedup.jpg

Which is the 1200p downsampled PC version?

Here a cropped detail from the first PC screenshot of this unfair comparison. With 18 pixels in width you can easily count at least 22 "steps" meaning probably a 1200p downsampled to 1080p image. I assume all the others PC screenshots are from the same PC game with a 1200p resolution.

You see, this is what has ruined gaming. As a PC gamer you've just been brainwashed into thinking resolution and framerates are ALL you need to prove the PC is better. The reason the PS4 version looks better than the PC version has nothing whatsoever to do with resolution or framerate. You can upgrade > upgrade > upgrade > upgrade > upgrade, spend thousands of pounds to get your PC where it is now, but it will not and never WILL make it look as good as the PS4 version. Just wait for the Definitive version to come to your PC and then you can rest easy and not feel quite so threatened.

You completely misunderstood me. I just noticed that this comparison between PS4 and PC is unfair and disingenuous if you use 1200p downsampled PC images. Notably with the better automatic better AA the downsampled shot brings versus native 1080p.

Being fair is what interests me. CGI screenshots comparison are really fair: they are both 1080p native and have even the same facebook crappy compression.

And I agree with your post.

EDIT: I saw that you noticed your error. No problem!

Ramadear said:

CG,

Those are good screenshots, thanks for providing them. To be perfectly honest, there can't be a direct comparison to ps4 and pc since the pc version is just a enhanced version of the 360/PS3 version. I think the game certainly looks better in many respects (the new model is debatable). $60 for a high resolution pack and model change is asking a awful lot from the consumer in my opinion. 

yep 

some people are having hard time to understand this

they think that titans will make things happen

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Oh they changed her into a cross eyed Neanderthal, primordial edition confirmed.

LOL, either that or a jinxed Wiccan wearing a tree bark wig and with glass eyes actually made of painted wood.

Anyhow, I still prefer the original Lara. This one, with or without higher quality graphics, just isn't her.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ethomaz said:
C'mon guys no ULTRA SUPER HIGH-END PC will add more details, effects, sharpness, better lighting, etc in any game without a mod or patch.

This time PC lost.

Once again there has been no technical study from any site. Everywhere is just paroting what the dev had said about improvements to the game. Until we can get a confirm on things like tessellation, SSAO, texture and rendering I'm not convinced.

So, it took 1 year of new lighting engine, higher res textures, and a new generation so consoles can barely beat PC at teh graphics? wow

Wow PC still shits all over next gen version.

pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wow PC still shits all over next gen version.

Not true. Played the PC at max and currently watching a PS4 stream and the PS4 version has a lot of effects added and tweaks.

Oh........ I take back what I said previously then.