By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider Definite Edition versus PC comparison

the-pi-guy said:
NobleTeam360 said:
pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wow PC still shits all over next gen version.

Not true. Played the PC at max and currently watching a PS4 stream and the PS4 version has a lot of effects added and tweaks.

Oh........ I take back what I said previously then. 

credit to CGI, I think the PS4 version looks much better.  

That screenshot does look better on PS4.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
~kao said:
So, it took 1 year of new lighting engine, higher res textures, and a new generation so consoles can barely beat PC at teh graphics? wow

Not sure if serious?

Obviusly not serious, we all know pc is the master race

ps: what the heck did they do to lara's face? i would not buy a pc "definitive edition" if is like this model (she looks derp imo)

Things looking pretty good for the PS4. Seeing that it also got the better version of 2K14. Just wait until the Naughty dog game. Even PC elitist will be in awe. Greatness awaits

the-pi-guy said:
NobleTeam360 said:
pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wow PC still shits all over next gen version.

Not true. Played the PC at max and currently watching a PS4 stream and the PS4 version has a lot of effects added and tweaks.

Oh........ I take back what I said previously then. 

PS4

credit to CGI, I think the PS4 version looks much better.  

Oh my, she looks so real! And in this pic much better than the older model

The new Lara's face is better IMO.

Around the Network
pezus said:
~kao said:
the-pi-guy said:
~kao said:
So, it took 1 year of new lighting engine, higher res textures, and a new generation so consoles can barely beat PC at teh graphics? wow

Not sure if serious?

Obviusly not serious, we all know pc is the master race

ps: what the heck did they do to lara's face? i would not buy a pc "definitive edition" if is like this model (she looks derp imo)

Just a bad screen. Looks much better in motion.

Here's another screen:

She kinda looks like a Kardashian..

pezus said:
A_C_E said:
jlmurph2 said:
Oh god....are people actually gonna spend money on this? That's barely worth a rental.

Not everyone has played Tomb Raider. Once the Definitive version has  released it will be the best possible way to experience the game for those who don't have good PC's which, (this may boggle your mind) is alot of people. People who are narrow-minded would look at top PC graphics and then compare them to the Definitive version and then call the game shit. Last I checked, the game was pretty good.

The irony is that that's probably the same argument some Xbox fans use about Titanfall when Sony fans they'll just play it on PC, lol.

Isn't the arguement for Sony fans that they can just play the game on PC because it isn't available on PS4? What I'm saying is that even though its available on all platforms it'll be better on next gen systems which is why I don't understand the hate towards these comparisons.

enditall727 said:

Next (current) gen is beautiful!

My 8th gen collection

I would say they are about equal. But then again the PC version can run in 4K...

The mere fact that the improvements have to be pointed out proves that it isn't worth anyway. If a game is really moving forward graphically side by side comparisons would not be necessary.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)