By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider Definite Edition versus PC comparison

Didn't Kotaku make an article about the definitive edition being better than the PC version? PC should get a patch to include the stuff.

Around the Network
veritaz said:
Didn't Kotaku make an article about the definitive edition being better than the PC version? PC should get a patch to include the stuff.

Not that easy. United Front Games create Xbox One TR DE, Nixxes created PS4 TR DE. Nobody says anything about ,, patch "

ethomaz said:
This thread lol the Definitive version looks better than PC.

The question now is... will PC receive a patch to add the visual upgrade found in Definitive version?

BTW PS4 version almost don't drop from 60fps even in action scenes... Xbone just go over 30fps in non-action scenes.

Yes, its not like the PS4 can go to 90 frames per second as the tv is locked to 60Hz.

I think some of these issues are related to artistic direction and how the developer has put their stamp on it.

Also we shouldn't confuse maximum performance PC with average PC. There is probably only a minority of PC owners that have absolute top spec kit. Some people have low end or mid range pcs and some people who bought top end pc's may have bought them a year ago or more. The people who have the very latest, fastest pc's are a minority. Every ps4 owner benefits from the ps4 performance level but only a tiny percentage of pc owners benefit from the maximum pc performance level. Really we should be comparing the average pc performance level to ps4.

oh gawd.. the face!.. HAHAHA

You know whats making me laugh about the "darker shadows and more contrasted colors"

There are in game option and GPU software options to change this.....you can match the PS4 contrast and shadows if you wanted to ...not be lazy and open up the NVIDIA control panel (or whatever ATI uses)

Hell....you can customize your game lighting to whatever you want. If you really wanted to go the extra mile you could get and ENB for it...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Guess duty calls...............again (just when I was ready to leave, too)!

The PS4 images you got there has so much crushed black, I'm hope its the video capture and not the actual game.

mibuokami said:

The PS4 images you got there has so much crushed black, I'm hope its the video capture and not the actual game.

Facebook I guess.

When I upload to twitter the pics are better and less darker than when I upload to Facebook.

ethomaz said:

Facebook I guess.

When I upload to twitter the pics are better and less darker than when I upload to Facebook.

Good, because it looks horrible otherwise. Also dislike the new face.

As for the comparison, it's a joke. PC will never loose a battle like this.

2008ProchargedGT said:

is ultra the same as maxed tho? serious question

Yep.

mibuokami said:

Good, because it looks horrible otherwise. Also dislike the new face.

As for the comparison, it's a joke. PC will never loose a battle like this.

But it lost.

Unless PC receive a big update the Definitive version looks better... some pics didn't show the difference but every single review have the same opition.

PS4 > Xbone > PC > PS360.