By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have platted Gt6? put ethomaz to shame

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
ethomaz said:
After maybe 100 tries... S-4 Gold.

Using a controller is painful to make the right time... if I have time tomorrow I will show why I can't use a wheel anymore.

I checked my trophies too.... I'm missing Gold in Licenses, 100 Cars and 12.000 km.

Man, where you with your ASM or any other help active??? Because if you hope to make S-5 in a decent amount of tries you can hape just ABS on 1 at most... people used 1 or 2 for stability and it seems to make they complete on the limit.

It took me 1 day for S-5 (because I usually am too extreme on licenses so I go out a lot), but frustating enough most of mines Licenses when I done it right were between 0.5s and 1s... the worst offender were S-2 that I done in the first try =]

With the license tests, for me it was more a case of finding the spots where the game lets you get away with cutting the corner. I always drive with tcs at 5 and abs 1. Kinda annoying people online always disable tcs, it cramps up my finger sooner when I have to feather the throttle all the time.

The S class mission races were a bigger challenge for me. The brands hatch one took me over an hour, actually longer since I had given up on it the day before. (Also easier when you realize the game let's you get away with hitting them on the inside)

I also wonder if the people complaining so much about the engine sounds maybe not have full range surround speakers? I notice that the engine sounds mainly come from the surround channels. Sure some cars aren't that great, but most sound fine to me. However if you have small sattelite speakers I can imagine they all sound like crap.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

DonFerrari said:

Well at least this time the plat comes more naturally.... playing for fun would let you probably at 60-80% after your normal play... them you would need those silly score .xxx on a lap, 3 laps within .2xx difference and win with 0.010 or less... those may come luckly or hunted... the only out of the way is the tyres.

The bolded happened naturally for me.... the first one was these 3 laps with less than .2 diff... I did in a "Corrida de Marca Única" (I don't remember the name in English).

I think it's One Maker Race. .xxx was natural, 3 laps I done after all races on time trial on motegi (during career is kinda hard to do because of the small count of laps) and the last one I had to cheat a little, and time my last overtake for several times (used motegi with karts 1 lap), but usually I would pass them to soon or if I holded at the end he would overtake me, took me some time to make it... I even had one finish with 0.000 but in second place.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
ethomaz said:
After maybe 100 tries... S-4 Gold.

Using a controller is painful to make the right time... if I have time tomorrow I will show why I can't use a wheel anymore.

I checked my trophies too.... I'm missing Gold in Licenses, 100 Cars and 12.000 km.

Man, where you with your ASM or any other help active??? Because if you hope to make S-5 in a decent amount of tries you can hape just ABS on 1 at most... people used 1 or 2 for stability and it seems to make they complete on the limit.

It took me 1 day for S-5 (because I usually am too extreme on licenses so I go out a lot), but frustating enough most of mines Licenses when I done it right were between 0.5s and 1s... the worst offender were S-2 that I done in the first try =]

With the license tests, for me it was more a case of finding the spots where the game lets you get away with cutting the corner. I always drive with tcs at 5 and abs 1. Kinda annoying people online always disable tcs, it cramps up my finger sooner when I have to feather the throttle all the time.

The S class mission races were a bigger challenge for me. The brands hatch one took me over an hour, actually longer since I had given up on it the day before. (Also easier when you realize the game let's you get away with hitting them on the inside)

I also wonder if the people complaining so much about the engine sounds maybe not have full range surround speakers? I notice that the engine sounds mainly come from the surround channels. Sure some cars aren't that great, but most sound fine to me. However if you have small sattelite speakers I can imagine they all sound like crap.

I loved the engine sounds on muteki 7.2, my gaming rig is a sony combo... well the last 2 races is a lot harder with tcs, it take to much of your speed on exiting corners even more for these two cars that depend a little on spinning do properly turn (at least with me). But for any race besides those 2 challenges TCS didn't bothered me. My biggest challenge besides S-4 and S-5 were the second slalom, I'm so bad at it =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

I loved the engine sounds on muteki 7.2, my gaming rig is a sony combo... well the last 2 races is a lot harder with tcs, it take to much of your speed on exiting corners even more for these two cars that depend a little on spinning do properly turn (at least with me). But for any race besides those 2 challenges TCS didn't bothered me. My biggest challenge besides S-4 and S-5 were the second slalom, I'm so bad at it =]

I only turn tcs off for rally racing, there it makes a huge difference. Too bad there was hardly any rally in the whole game. I think I saw Charmonix once...

SvennoJ said:

I only turn tcs off for rally racing, there it makes a huge difference. Too bad there was hardly any rally in the whole game. I think I saw Charmonix once...

The coffe break have some rally races... at least one I saw.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

I loved to rally on GT4. And loved Tripeaks Escudo awesomeness on every road.

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

Rally in GT4 was great, it was also the best money maker winning that rally car over and over.
GT5's procedurally generated rally stages were fun too, the snow one was beautiful. Sebastien Loeb challenges were awesome, same as racing into the night on user made Toscana tracks. I'll check out the coffee break challenges I missed for rally races. I think it's all drift stuff though.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

Rally in GT4 was great, it was also the best money maker winning that rally car over and over.
GT5's procedurally generated rally stages were fun too, the snow one was beautiful. Sebastien Loeb challenges were awesome, same as racing into the night on user made Toscana tracks. I'll check out the coffee break challenges I missed for rally races. I think it's all drift stuff though.

I didn't like GT6 rally so far.

Yay I finally won my first online race. Against 6 with heavy damage 500pp 24h Nurburgring. After chasing the leader down for half the track, I finally psyched him out and he hit the grass just before Pflanzgarten. I love these tight races, almost bumper to bumper through all the tight twists and turns.
I'm at 9.4K distance now, should be able to hit 12.7K next week.

SvennoJ said:
Yay I finally won my first online race. Against 6 with heavy damage 500pp 24h Nurburgring. After chasing the leader down for half the track, I finally psyched him out and he hit the grass just before Pflanzgarten. I love these tight races, almost bumper to bumper through all the tight twists and turns.
I'm at 9.4K distance now, should be able to hit 12.7K next week.

Congrats... was there to much unloyal bumps or normal race?