By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thank you $ US (bought a DS)

Just returned from a business trip to Houston and made me some use of the weak dollar.

I never been into handheld gaming but had since I fly often for work I decided to buy a DS. I spend $ 220,- (incl tax) on a DSlite+Professor Layton+Advance Wars Days of Ruin. In Euro's that's about € 150,- which is the price o a DSlite only in Europe, so saved me about € 90,- snce new DS games are often over € 40,-. 

Besides that I'm among the first in Europe to play professor Layton which is an amazing game! AW:DoR is very cool too, but as a Fire Emblem fan I have to get used to it a little. 

Around the Network

Is DS completely region free?

Yes it is, congrats on DS BengaBenga.

Congratulations on exploiting our dollar! Houston is really a great city. Everything is cheaper here, except our crazy high sales tax. It's really too bad you had to get US stuff though, didn't realize how bad Nintendo of Europe screws you over. I'm surprised Fire Emblem isn't over there yet.

Oh, and I agree with you most wanted announced games, except my order would be 5, 2, 4, 3, 1.

$220 for DS + 2 games is really good, the DS itself is the equivalent of $200 in the UK

Around the Network

that is a nice deal, enjoy it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Yeah,l hate how Europe gets screwed over in everything... If I lived in Europe, I would've bought An American Wii already, (America got it first, remember) especially if I knew English.

L.C.E.C. said:
Yeah,l hate how Europe gets screwed over in everything... If I lived in Europe, I would've bought An American Wii already, (America got it first, remember) especially if I knew English.

...but the Wii is region locked, so you would have to buy US Wii games for the system, too. The DS is region-free, which is nice!

Good deal. I still need to get a DS sometime. I just wish they would have a price drop in Japan :( I should ask my parents to buy me one in the US and send it to me (when they send a package over, hehe ;p )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

You have excellent taste in games. Enjoy!

DS lites in Australia are $170 USD, I imported all my DS/PSP's from Liksang.com but unfortunatley the bastards at Sony closed it down.