By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long and hard is each God of War?

kekrot said:
Thanks for all your answers, looks like I just have to keep playing. ;)

Is Ascension as bad as I've heard everywhere? I'm thinking of getting that one too, but first I'm going to finish the three main ones and then the PSP games.

It's not bad per se. It's just more of the same.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
kekrot said:
Thanks for all your answers, looks like I just have to keep playing. ;)

Is Ascension as bad as I've heard everywhere? I'm thinking of getting that one too, but first I'm going to finish the three main ones and then the PSP games.

It's not bad per se. It's just more of the same.

Okay, sounds like I'll enjoy it then.

Yep.

bouzane said:
It took me, on the highest initially unlocked difficulties:

GoW = 8 hours (whole game was too easy but the Doppelganger battle was too hard)
GoW II = 14 hours (difficulty still a bit too easy, no horrendous difficulty spikes though)
GoW III = 10 hours (difficulty was pretty much perfect)
Chains of Olympus = 5 hours (too easy, no noticeable difficulty spikes)
Ghost of Sparta = 8 hours (a couple difficulty spikes exasperated by the series' worst camera problems)

Tried it on Titan?

OT: The place with lots of enemies is really easy. There are two types of enemies and one of them can be thrown. Grab one of them and do the square throw. Repeat it until there aren't more enemies.

As a rule of thumb in GoW, if an enemy can be grabbed, go for it and use the square or triangle throw, those are usually the best ones. All enemies in a wall or ceiling can be thrown (even the hands at Hades). And never jump with gorgons around.

Edit - Kratos becomes completely invincible during the animation of Poseidon's Rage (GoW 1&2) and Atlas Quake (GoW 2).

TruckOSaurus said:
Kratos is long and hard only for a short while in each game in the obligatory sex quicktime event minigame.

That is a cheap attack to Kratos virility, will report... how dare you say it's a minigame??? he could do it for hours.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There are some very rage inducing parts (if you play on hard, at least), but overall it´s not that hard if you pay attention and know what you´re doing.