By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long and hard is each God of War?

Somini said:
If we're talking regular playthrough's and on normal difficulty;

God of War 1 ~ 7 hours
God of War 2 ~ 8 hours
God of War 3 ~ 10 hours
God of War: COO ~ 5 hours
God of War: GOS ~ 6 hours
God of War: Ascension ~ 7 hours

The games are equally difficult. 2 and Ascension have some hard parts. The first had a hellish puzzle and the 3rd one some hard bosses.


Which puzzle are you talking about?

Spoiler tags ftw!



Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Somini said:
If we're talking regular playthrough's and on normal difficulty;

God of War 1 ~ 7 hours
God of War 2 ~ 8 hours
God of War 3 ~ 10 hours
God of War: COO ~ 5 hours
God of War: GOS ~ 6 hours
God of War: Ascension ~ 7 hours

The games are equally difficult. 2 and Ascension have some hard parts. The first had a hellish puzzle and the 3rd one some hard bosses.


Which puzzle are you talking about?

Spoiler tags ftw!


I have no idea how to censor text so i'll hint and i'm sure you'll get it.

It's about climbing and knives.

Personally i can do it, but i've heard so many complaints about it. One of my brothers who games a lot, never replays the game because he's still to beat that part!



Somini said:
JoeTheBro said:
Somini said:
If we're talking regular playthrough's and on normal difficulty;

God of War 1 ~ 7 hours
God of War 2 ~ 8 hours
God of War 3 ~ 10 hours
God of War: COO ~ 5 hours
God of War: GOS ~ 6 hours
God of War: Ascension ~ 7 hours

The games are equally difficult. 2 and Ascension have some hard parts. The first had a hellish puzzle and the 3rd one some hard bosses.


Which puzzle are you talking about?

Spoiler tags ftw!


I have no idea how to censor text so i'll hint and i'm sure you'll get it.

It's about climbing and knives.

Personally i can do it, but i've heard so many complaints about it. One of my brothers who games a lot, never replays the game because he's still to beat that part!

Highlight the text, and then switch the style to spoiler.

I'm still not sure which part you're referring to.



kekrot said:

I recently found both God of War 3 and the HD collection of GoW1&2 at a really good price. I've gotten pretty far in the first (I think), I last saved at an underwater save spot if you know where I'm talking about. I've played for almost 7 hours, so it was longer than I expected.

But it's really hard too! The place where you had to defeat lots of normal enemies and then the enemies who "gaze" at you and turn you to stone if you're not dodging, before you can lower a rope to the underground section with a Shield of Hades, that place was REALLY HARD.

So for you who have played them all, is GoW 2 and 3 as hard as the first? And are they similar in length?

I'm playing on God (Normal) and I think it's really challenging but also satisfying when you finally manage to get to the next checkpoint. I'm also thinking about getting the HD collection vol. 2 with the PSP remasters.

GoW 2 was about the same, a little easier but not very noticable. GoW 3 was easier than both. Honestly, the first time I played this franchise was one week before GoW 3 came out and I was on  my two weeks holiday. I bought the GoW 1+2 Remastered in HD for PS3 and didn't really do anything for a week except play these two excellently well-put-together games. Its like everything in the games are placed in the most perfect spots and are meant to be there, everything has meaning and the game just captured me and sucked me in the way MGS did. It was the perfect blend of difficulty, story, characters, gameplay and cinematics. It never gets dull, even when you can't figure out what to do.

Sorry about that, I kind of told a story there but they are also similar in length, yes.



On easy pretty short (between 4-6h), and just challenging on hardest.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Never played GoW



Depends on how long you take to realize that you have to stop beating the final boss in GOW3 :D



must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

god of war leaves much to be desired



Kratos is long and hard only for a short while in each game in the obligatory sex quicktime event minigame.



Signature goes here!

JoeTheBro said:
Somini said:
JoeTheBro said:
Somini said:
If we're talking regular playthrough's and on normal difficulty;

God of War 1 ~ 7 hours
God of War 2 ~ 8 hours
God of War 3 ~ 10 hours
God of War: COO ~ 5 hours
God of War: GOS ~ 6 hours
God of War: Ascension ~ 7 hours

The games are equally difficult. 2 and Ascension have some hard parts. The first had a hellish puzzle and the 3rd one some hard bosses.


Which puzzle are you talking about?

Spoiler tags ftw!


I have no idea how to censor text so i'll hint and i'm sure you'll get it.

It's about climbing and knives.

Personally i can do it, but i've heard so many complaints about it. One of my brothers who games a lot, never replays the game because he's still to beat that part!

Highlight the text, and then switch the style to spoiler.

I'm still not sure which part you're referring to.

That's the trick to do it without using the box but if you do it the regular way, it's fucking hard. Especially in GOW: Collection where the timer has been shortened.



Signature goes here!