By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... No Nintendo Direct announcement for tomorrow.

I actually don't think it's a bad thing that the Direct is taking this long. They may be going back and deciding to reveal some new stuff and are making sure to have firm release dates for games we have all been waiting for forever. Alot is riding on the next Nintendo Direct, and if they don't start 2014 off with a bang, they might as well just not have a Nintendo Direct at all.

Around the Network

Man, give them a break, what do they have in the pipeline anyway? Mario Kart 8 and DHTFreeze and Smash Bros later this year, it take a year to make a game, how do you expect them to have news every month.
That is why consoles need the third party support and that is why companies rely on hardware hype, how much can you do only with good games? Not much since it takes time.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

superchunk said:
I'll be next week then. One every month....

I'm sure they've skipped months before.

You guys are all suckers! (jk) This is Iwata's new plan in progress don't you see! First no ads, Then no e3 and now, no more Nintendo Directs! Its all part of his plan cause he is secretly an Agent for OUYA

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JWeinCom said:
I would guess they want to do it after the announce financial results. Otherwise any good news they announce will be overshadowed by the bad.

This

Around the Network

Probably next wednesday. The quarterly results and investor briefing are that day I believe and arent they usually on wednesday anyway?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

They made surprises directs before, just releasing a video on youtube with no previous announcment. If the tomorow direct will be focused on indie stuff only, this is the rigth decision.

Anyway, Renegate kid said that they didn't mentioned nintendo, so can be another event, just don't know wich one...

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

JWeinCom said:
I would guess they want to do it after the announce financial results. Otherwise any good news they announce will be overshadowed by the bad.

But that is ages away in March, isn't it?  Anyway they have already "announced" the financial results, even if that was not the official one. They have already forecasted doom and gloom for the official results so why not just get on with it and give us "the good news".

If they need more time I totally understand, however.

justinian said:
JWeinCom said:

But that is ages away in March, isn't it?  Anyway they have already "announced" the financial results, even if that was not the official one. They have already forecasted doom and gloom for the official results so why not just get on with it and give us "the good news".

If they need more time I totally understand, however.

No, they announced forecasts.  That's not the same thing.  They still need to give detailed accounts of what they've done over the year as they're a public company.  Based on their forecast slashes there is some more bad news to be had.  Full year results will be done in March, but they'll do Q3 results on, I think, the 29th.

JWeinCom said:

Quite. Likely all of the announced software last year was due to the last round of bad financial news. They *never* announce games that early otherwise.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.