By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... No Nintendo Direct announcement for tomorrow.

justinian said:
JWeinCom said:
I would guess they want to do it after the announce financial results. Otherwise any good news they announce will be overshadowed by the bad.

But that is ages away in March, isn't it?  Anyway they have already "announced" the financial results, even if that was not the official one. They have already forecasted doom and gloom for the official results so why not just get on with it and give us "the good news".

If they need more time I totally understand, however.

Quarterly results are next week, ur thinking of yearly results

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
justinian said:
JWeinCom said:
I would guess they want to do it after the announce financial results. Otherwise any good news they announce will be overshadowed by the bad.

But that is ages away in March, isn't it?  Anyway they have already "announced" the financial results, even if that was not the official one. They have already forecasted doom and gloom for the official results so why not just get on with it and give us "the good news".

If they need more time I totally understand, however.

No, they announced forecasts.  That's not the same thing.  They still need to give detailed accounts of what they've done over the year as they're a public company.  Based on their forecast slashes there is some more bad news to be had.  Full year results will be done in March, but they'll do Q3 results on, I think, the 29th.

And @Zorg1000

You're both right. My bad.

Time for bed. Brain is drained. Studied enough tonight... well, kinda.

Expecting one next week. Warning about end of the Wii Fit U trial, a new trailer for Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, a release date for for Mario kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Sonic DLC, announce the release of Wii Sports Club Baseball, some more details about Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash and maybe a megaton or 2. oh yeah and Professor Layton 6 and PL vs PW for US

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Mr Khan said:
JWeinCom said:

Quite. Likely all of the announced software last year was due to the last round of bad financial news. They *never* announce games that early otherwise.

It doesnt need to be as big as last years January Direct.

-new trailers and release dates/windows for already announced games

-Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE were revealed last year but basically nothing was shown, have trailers for these games.

-Luigi's Mansion 2 HD has been rumored, this could be revealed

-maybe a short teaser trailer for Zelda

Last years Direct seemed huge but in retrospect they didnt show much. A few screenshots of Wind Waker HD and Yarn Yoshi, announce SMTxFE but show nothing, trailer for X and state Mario/Kart/Smash would be at E3

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I will say they will do it like in October and show it the day before their investors meeting; so it will be on the 29th.

Around the Network
sidmeiernintifan said:
JWeinCom said:

This

That

curl-6 said:
superchunk said:
I'll be next week then. One every month....

I'm sure they've skipped months before.

Not yet.

I said in another thread that I'm confident there will be another huge Nintendo Direct before the end of February. Patience.

Last year the direct was on the Wednesday before results on Saturday the 26th. This year results are on Wednesday the 29th, so maybe the ND will be this Monday.

TravenousMaximus said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
JWeinCom said:

This

That

wrong