By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo... I started a Wii U talk show...

Tagged games:

Okay, obviously, I'm not in your primary target audience but I'll give you my honest opinion:

It was actually really good! Most of the time when people link these videos in forums, I get embarrassed and have to turn them off, this was not the case here for once. You have solid delivery and you're not falling into the overly reaching attempts at bad humor trap, your editing is really good as well and you presented the game in a fantastic way even though it was a fairly short review.

The transition to the W101 segment was basically my only gripe; a bit too abrupt and it kinda felt a little like it didn't belong in the same video. All in all though; good job, will keep watching! Good luck to you!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Okay, obviously, I'm not in your primary target audience but I'll give you my honest opinion:

It was actually really good! Most of the time when people link these videos in forums, I get embarrassed and have to turn them off, this was not the case here for once. You have solid delivery and you're not falling into the overly reaching attempts at bad humor trap, your editing is really good as well and you presented the game in a fantastic way even though it was a fairly short review.

The transition to the W101 segment was basically my only gripe; a bit too abrupt and it kinda felt a little like it didn't belong in the same video. All in all though; good job, will keep watching! Good luck to you!

Yea, like I said, I had to get creative with editing to keep it under 5.  I need to just do game reviews as single episodes, lol

Edit: And thanks! :)

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
pezus said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
pezus said:
Watched and liked! It was good and entertaining, even though I'm probably not in the target group .

I noticed you didn't point at your name at the end. You should've used your right hand!

Bah, I missed your post...

And I did point to my name at the end...?  Did you watch the whole thing? o_O  Or is something messed up with my video upload...

Well your name is at the left of my screen while you pointed down at the right side

Wait, what?  You don't see the little metal Mario ornament with my name on the table? O_O

^^/

your english is too good lol.

overall was pretty good.

Cobretti2 said:

overall was pretty good.

English is TOO good, hm?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... eh hehe... ^.^

^^/
Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:
Cobretti2 said:

overall was pretty good.

English is TOO good, hm?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... eh hehe... ^.^

lol blame south park and their stereo types haha.

OK. I've now seen all your videogame related vids. Here follows my two cents:

1. I liked the Nintendo direct thing you did in the first game related video. I believe you should take this further and be consistent about it. Dress up each time you do a review, and go into character. 

2. Technical improvement. The sound is bad. You should get a "lapel microphone". It is very inexpensive and will give your video a professional sound. 

3. If you're going to give a review of SM3D World, don't review something else. Do that in another vid. 

4. Delete the vids that have nothing to do with what your channel is meant to be about.

5. Have a friend of yours make a channel intro/logo in "After Effects", or do it yourself if you're familiar with the program.

5. Get a completely white background. Its very simple. Just overexpose the picture, and add some lighting. Here's a tutorial:

Truth of the matter is that you can do real good, get lots of views, and lots of subscribers. Do some ramblings, do some propaganda, do more parodies, give your two cents regarding industry controversy and so on. I actually see real potential here. Maybe call your channel something videogame related; "The Nintendo Gospel" or "The Nintendo Truth Channel", "Nintendo Glory" :D

Good start! Subscribed.

Gonna check out your new video 8P

Incubi said:

OK. I've now seen all your videogame related vids. Here follows my two cents:

1. I liked the Nintendo direct thing you did in the first game related video. I believe you should take this further and be consistent about it. Dress up each time you do a review, and go into character. 

2. Technical improvement. The sound is bad. You should get a "lapel microphone". It is very inexpensive and will give your video a professional sound. 

3. If you're going to give a review of SM3D World, don't review something else. Do that in another vid. 

4. Delete the vids that have nothing to do with what your channel is meant to be about.

5. Have a friend of yours make a channel intro/logo in "After Effects", or do it yourself if you're familiar with the program.

5. Get a completely white background. Its very simple. Just overexpose the picture, and add some lighting. Here's a tutorial:

Truth of the matter is that you can do real good, get lots of views, and lots of subscribers. Do some ramblings, do some propaganda, give your two cents regarding industry controversy and so on. I actually see real potential here. Maybe call your channel something videogame related; "The Nintendo Gospel" or "The Nintendo Truth Channel", "Nintendo Glory" :D

The Direct Pitch was only for the contest.  I doubt imitating Nintendo Directs as a long-term format would be wise, to be honest...

I only reviewed one game, I didn't review anything else.  But as I had mentioned in the description, I do agree that the episode was too crammed, and I had to edit it creatively to get it to 5 min.  I will most likely move forward with single episode reviews!

You are not the first to mention the sound is bad.  Unfortunately, I created a "budget" for this, and had already changed the camcorder's mic mode to "speech" for episode 2.  If it still sounds that bad, I may just adjust the gain, but getting an external mic (and yes, the camcorder DOES have an external mic jack) is out of the question for now.  Until this show takes off, IF it does, the budget is going to stay pretty low on the tech side.  More has been done with less, I need to make sure my content is up to snuff before I start increasing overall production values, know what I mean?  Ya know, like gameplay over graphics? haha :P

The channel, despite the channel art currently reflecting the Wii U, is not solely focused on the Wii U or Nintendo.  I will be doing various videos and projects, while the Wii U "Five" or any other "Five" talk shows I create will be the bread and butter.  Changing my channel to focus entirely on the show is not currently part of the long-term plan (if there is one, dependent on how this goes).  I already have two "special" videos planned, one is related to Nintendo but not the show.  The other is not related to any of it whatsoever!

I DO appreciate the feedback, though!  I am getting feedback from a pretty diverse number of sources, so I will continue to adjust what I CAN without investing too heavily.  Having said that, I'm more aimed at having a multitude of different videos or projects so that there's something for everything to watch, not just gamers! ;)

Edit: Typos, lol

^^/