By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo... I started a Wii U talk show...

Tagged games:

lucidium said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

What I just defined is known as satire.  My normal humor is generally sarcastic satire, so there is generally a victim at the expense of amusement for others.  Now, I make that sound WAY more sinister than it is, because it's just known as "teasing" in real life.

So you don't find bias funny as a joke.  I know that there is no way I will be able to please everyone, what some may find funny, others won't.  That's just how this kind of things goes.  Unfortunately, your "feedback" is bordering on "opinion": you just don't find it funny and I get that.  I may eventually say or do things you DO find funny, while other things you DON'T.  I can't help that, because humor has so many flavors that I cannot win.  However, if your feedback is to simply not joke about bias because you believe it undermines the review, than you can say that's your feedback.  Trying to convince me my humor needs to change, however, is entirely your opinion.

You are taking it to heart way to much.
Bolded for the part where you actually understand what I'm trying to get across to you, there's a time and place for jokes, but undermining large portions of your own video for a quick laugh is a poor approach.

You may take that as opinion or as feedback, and you may, and probably will choose to ignore it, which is fine, though you're letting your pride get in the way of understanding that if you have hopes for this to become a profitable venture, starting out of the gates by putting off a large portion of your potential viewership is a terrible approach to it.

You've no need to respond to this as I don't care to discuss it further anyway, take my advice or don't, It does not effect me either way.

I actually think it was a bit the opposite, I clearly asked if you meant not to joke about bias, you took it much farther than just answering whether that was what you meant or not, bringing kids and cats (wtf!?) into it...  I can tell you start a lot of fights, you are very passionate about your perspectives, and I respect that.  You pride yourself on your opinions, but don't project that on me.

Either way, thank you for your feedback.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network
green_sky said:
Wasn't so sure about clicking on another thread with words 'Wii U' in it. Was pleasantly surprised with some positivity. Subscribed.

You thought I'd be bashing the Wii U?  Come on now, lol

^^/

hes open about his bias, thats a start.

lol people are putting waaaaaay to much thought into this. What i saw was a good video with some funny quirks and to the point facts.

make like a news channel intro and also report on the streets and ask people if they know what a wii U is.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

ZyroXZ2 said:
green_sky said:
Wasn't so sure about clicking on another thread with words 'Wii U' in it. Was pleasantly surprised with some positivity. Subscribed.

Am sure you have some idea about, how much people on the internet have to bash things they are simply not interested in at all. So, this could have been something like that. :)

Around the Network
green_sky said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
green_sky said:

Am sure you have some idea about, how much people on the internet have to bash things they are simply not interested in at all. So, this could have been something like that. :)

Hmmm... As a Wii U talk show, maybe I should go bash the PS4... THAT'LL get some panties up in a bunch... Hahaha :P

^^/
Bruxel said:
lol people are putting waaaaaay to much thought into this. What i saw was a good video with some funny quirks and to the point facts.

make like a news channel intro and also report on the streets and ask people if they know what a wii U is.

Hmmm, I'd have to own a mic for street walking, but that's actually NOT a bad idea...  If I ever made Jenna Marbles' money, I'd totally get some Wii Us, go street walking and talk to people on main street, see if they know what a Wii U is, and if they do and show genuine desire for one but just haven't found the funds, *BAM* FREE WII U! lol...

No seriously, that's really not a bad idea, I can see where the humor would arise in that.  Thanks, man!

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:

I actually think it was a bit the opposite, I clearly asked if you meant not to joke about bias, you took it much farther than just answering whether that was what you meant or not, bringing kids and cats (wtf!?) into it...  I can tell you start a lot of fights, you are very passionate about your perspectives, and I respect that.  You pride yourself on your opinions, but don't project that on me.

If you call this a fight, then I don't even know what to say to you, does every discussion that contains a dissagreement mean it's a fight?

Either way, It is clear what you're looking for here genuine isn't criticism, but publicity and pats on the back, so i'll see myself out.

Good luck with your show.

lucidium said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

If you call this a fight, then I don't even know what to say to you, does every discussion that contains a dissagreement mean it's a fight?

Either way, It is clear what you're looking for here genuine isn't criticism, but publicity and pats on the back, so i'll see myself out.

Wow, issues... I didn't say it was a fight, I said you start a lot of them, lol...

And no, I'm glad people like it, but I wouldn't be posting this in my car club forum of PS/XBox fans if I wasn't prepared to receive criticism (of which, a lot of them have given proper criticisms that I've attempted to address here in the second episode).  You'd be amazed how honest car guys can be, you think I just received a bunch of pats on the back? Hahaha... Sometimes, I hate being a car guy, it makes me a little TOO crude on the webernets :P

^^/

Pretty good, short, to the point and funny. Keep it up!

Gaming on:

PC:
Asus Z87-A  |  i7 4770K  |  MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 32 GB DDR3 2133 mhz  |  WD Blue 1TB SSD & WD Blue HDD 1TB

Consoles:
WiiU
Switch (Docked)
PS 3 / 4

Handhelds:
New 3ds XL
Switch (Portable Mode ;P )