By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - FINALLY! We've all be asking for it and her it is, Wait time between posts

Good stuff. Sorted.

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

Thats great, now we wont have soriku and leoj making 200 posts per secound.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

and we can see now the last created accounts :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

30 seconds is a tad bit to long. I would have suggested 20, but atleast the mod team is doing something! Go VGchartz!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

ioi said:
You should take 30 seconds to post anyway, as long as your posts are well thought out and interesting. By the time you have read the rest of the thread I think that is a reasonable amount of time...

Agreed. Of course, taking that 30 seconds might not only cut down on spamming posts, but some of the regular posts as well. Think about it. ;)

Edit:  Is there an exception for editting a post?  I would think if you are quick enough, you could want to do a fast fix to your post before anyone read it.  Of course, if this allowed spammers to take up the bandwidth as they editted the same post, then I could see leaving the 30 seconds in for editting as well.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

excellent. Smart move, nothing drastic, just a simple fix.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Riot Of The Blood said:
30 seconds is a tad bit to long. I would have suggested 20, but atleast the mod team is doing something! Go VGchartz!

30 seconds isn't too bad at all. Do you generally post, read another thread, and then write a new post all in 30 seconds?

Some of the regular posts should be cut out. ;)

Damn, this means that I can only post 2880 posts per day from now on :P

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Renar said:
ioi said:
You should take 30 seconds to post anyway, as long as your posts are well thought out and interesting. By the time you have read the rest of the thread I think that is a reasonable amount of time...

Agreed. Of course, taking that 30 seconds might not only cut down on spamming posts, but some of the regular posts as well. Think about it. ;)

Edit:  Is there an exception for editting a post?  I would think if you are quick enough, you could want to do a fast fix to your post before anyone read it.  Of course, if this allowed spammers to take up the bandwidth as they editted the same post, then I could see leaving the 30 seconds in for editting as well.

I think you can

EDIT: yes you can edit within 30 secs