By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have anyone consider selling their Wii U or keeping it?

Sold it or kept it?

Sold it 43 16.04%

Kept it 172 64.18%

See Results 53 19.78%

Total:268
Suke said:
Anfebious said:

Listen Suke... Do you see your sig? That sig says: “Don’t follow the hype, follow the games”.

I think you should listen to it. Don't fall for the PS4 hype. Wait for games you actually want before selling your Wii U to get a PS4.. There are games for the Wii U coming this year. Follow the games Suke... don't follow the hype.

Actually, around 2011, 2012 it was hype that made me continue to support the Wii U. Thourgh 2013, E3 2013, fall.... Barely no games, no promising. I wasn't too big on the PS4 though I always been a Nintendo and Sony guy since tge PS2 and Gamecube days. Its when I follow how Nintendo games and all I see the same that I been seeing for a decade now. I'm bored. It was because of Nintendo why I created that quote. Not only Nintendo but any gaming company.

And that's fine but you are falling for the PS4 hype. It came out like 3 months ago. The Wii U is going to have Nintendo franchises, if that is your thing then keep it, because their games are worth it. If they bore you then go ahead and sell it!

I don't know what kind of games you like but the PS4 for example only has Killzone, Knack and Resogun as the "cool games". People are buying it for the promise of awesome games. Just wait to see if they deliver. Nothing wrong with waiting, no one is rushing you to buy it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Nope never sell my consoles except for a 360 I won that started down the RROD path so I traded it in before it died for PC games.

I have to say I agree with a few others here. Who would sell it at this point when the games are finally here.

So you are going to sell a console with games for one that has very few....does not compute

eFKac said:
It will get the bare minimum of typical Nintendo exclusives that every other Nintendo console got, so I would assume no Nintendo fan (so probably 90% of Wii U install base currently) will see a reason to sell it, as it's the reason they bought the console for. Those who bought it as a main console hoping for third party support that Nintendo promised may have sold it, or at least were forced to get another console/PC. So I don't really think that many people have sold their Wii Us, no matter how underwhelming of an offer it is in my opinion.

Care to link where Nintendo ever promised every 3rd party game? It already has better support than the WIi did. I have a feeling that you are taking what was actually said and twisting it in order to justify your stance against them.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Nope never sell my consoles except for a 360 I won that started down the RROD path so I traded it in before it died for PC games.

I have to say I agree with a few others here. Who would sell it at this point when the games are finally here.

So you are going to sell a console with games for one that has very few....does not compute

It's not nice to lie, and I have a quote of yours which states that you indeed sold your consoles, brb. 

And yes I will find quotes of Nintendo executives regarding 3rd party support.

There you are!: remember when Rockstr got suicide threats and death threats when GTA went Multi platform? I sure do because its the day I sold my PS consoles.

So did you travel to the future and play those games and then return to the past and write that?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5657532 

So where are you lying Listerofsmeag? Btw you didn't adress Think-Man's question yesterday regarding the same lie, in the overrated games thread, just a reminder cause I'm sure you just accidentally overlooked it.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

ListerOfSmeg said:

Care to link where Nintendo ever promised every 3rd party game? It already has better support than the WIi did. I have a feeling that you are taking what was actually said and twisting it in order to justify your stance against them.

Where does it have better support than the Wii...? A lot of third parties want nothing to do with the Wii U, and third party support going forward looks barren.

To answer the OP's question. I don't buy consoles to sell and the Wii U is no different. I never owned the original Wii, and there were a couple games for the Wii U I wanted to play so the purchase was a no brainer for me. I really only bought the system for Nintendo games, so the lack of third party games doesn't really bug me. I also have access to the Wii library, which I missed out on, and the VC so there's more than enough games to tide me over. I am looking forward to getting a PS4 for all my third party needs.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
eFKac said:
It will get the bare minimum of typical Nintendo exclusives that every other Nintendo console got, so I would assume no Nintendo fan (so probably 90% of Wii U install base currently) will see a reason to sell it, as it's the reason they bought the console for. Those who bought it as a main console hoping for third party support that Nintendo promised may have sold it, or at least were forced to get another console/PC. So I don't really think that many people have sold their Wii Us, no matter how underwhelming of an offer it is in my opinion.

http://youtu.be/GKCyhJ1tyXQ

Here you go

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
eFKac said:

http://youtu.be/GKCyhJ1tyXQ

Here you go

Thank you Suke, very good find!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I thought a lot about it when I saw the first trailer of 3D World. But then it was announced that David Wise is composing the music for Tropical Freeze. I'm really hyped about that game. So I figured it would be wise to keep it.

Yep.

Keep it. It will have moar games this year

Click HERE and be happy 

I've been gaming all my life - and I've yet to sell any of my consoles; it's not gonna happen.