By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have anyone consider selling their Wii U or keeping it?

Sold it or kept it?

Sold it 43 16.04%

Kept it 172 64.18%

See Results 53 19.78%

Total:268
Suke said:

New IPs exculsives, more experienmental games like they did back on the gamecube, one of my favorite consoles. I never wanted a successor to the Wii which was a major step back from the gamecube but great for buisness, I wanted the gamecube back with no stuiped gimmick attach, base on how I feel. I hate the gamepad, I hate the 3d on the 3ds. Its not innovation if its barely use. I want new and better ecperience with games. Chanllenging games such as Donkey Kong and the original Mario games, no more easy games such as most modern mario games, but that could be argue base on game skills so ignore that comment ^^; I want new IPs such as Pikmin or Dillon's Rolling Western, I want Nintendo to realise I along with most of the community have grown as for the new generation of kids are more maturer these days. I wNt Nintendo to stop being the 4kids of gaming and get with the time. 

You want to play Mario Kart and Smash, and you like games like Pikmin and Dillon's Rolling Western, and you think Nintendo is being too kiddy? Don't get me wrong, I loved the Gamecube and I'd love to see a greater variety of content to appeal to different levels of seriousness in tone (more games like Eternal Darkness please!) and stuff like that, I'm just...not following the logic in your examples.^^;

You might want to try some of the NSMB games, I hear serious gamers complain that they have trouble with them. New Super Luigi is brutal by any standards, it's basically the equivilent of Lost Levels to the original Super Mario Bros. I tried 3D World with some friends and while the first world was easy things quickly got really tricky really fast, and soon we got game over, and we're all raised on the NES/SNES era. Since you already have the Wii U, you might want to invest in a Pro Controller, it works with most games you'd expect it to and would simplify to just the essentials, no gimmicks. I think games that utilize the pad will come later (I'm betting with Zelda U), but Pro Controller is still nice to have. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze looks to be a return to form. I saw some footage of the minecart levels and they look brutal.

As for new IPs, particularly challenging ones, try Wonderful 101. It'll kick your ass until you really get the hang of it. Seriously overlooked game, and it's a shame, because I agree that challenge in games is hard to come by and this game was a rare treat, I don't want the poor sales to discourage that kind of game design. Also in new IP news, Miyamoto said last July he was working on a new IP. It's speculated to be an adventure game. About a year ago, Miyamoto was complaining that developers weren't making their Wii U games very distinctive, so we can only hope that whatever this is, it'll use Wii U to it's full potential. He's been working on it for over a year now, so we can at least expect it to be announced at E3, but it might get announced in April at a Japanese gaming con that Nintendo is sponsoring, Nico Nico Chokaigi.  Aside from those two...well ZombiU is new, and it's like $20-30 now in most places. W101 is usually about $30.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Suke said:

New IPs exculsives, more experienmental games like they did back on the gamecube, one of my favorite consoles. I never wanted a successor to the Wii which was a major step back from the gamecube but great for buisness, I wanted the gamecube back with no stuiped gimmick attach, base on how I feel. I hate the gamepad, I hate the 3d on the 3ds. Its not innovation if its barely use. I want new and better ecperience with games. Chanllenging games such as Donkey Kong and the original Mario games, no more easy games such as most modern mario games, but that could be argue base on game skills so ignore that comment ^^; I want new IPs such as Pikmin or Dillon's Rolling Western, I want Nintendo to realise I along with most of the community have grown as for the new generation of kids are more maturer these days. I wNt Nintendo to stop being the 4kids of gaming and get with the time. 

You want to play Mario Kart and Smash, and you like games like Pikmin and Dillon's Rolling Western, and you think Nintendo is being too kiddy? Don't get me wrong, I loved the Gamecube and I'd love to see a greater variety of content to appeal to different levels of seriousness in tone (more games like Eternal Darkness please!) and stuff like that, I'm just...not following the logic in your examples.^^;

You might want to try some of the NSMB games, I hear serious gamers complain that they have trouble with them. New Super Luigi is brutal by any standards, it's basically the equivilent of Lost Levels to the original Super Mario Bros. I tried 3D World with some friends and while the first world was easy things quickly got really tricky really fast, and soon we got game over, and we're all raised on the NES/SNES era. Since you already have the Wii U, you might want to invest in a Pro Controller, it works with most games you'd expect it to and would simplify to just the essentials, no gimmicks. I think games that utilize the pad will come later (I'm betting with Zelda U), but Pro Controller is still nice to have. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze looks to be a return to form. I saw some footage of the minecart levels and they look brutal.

As for new IPs, particularly challenging ones, try Wonderful 101. It'll kick your ass until you really get the hang of it. Seriously overlooked game, and it's a shame, because I agree that challenge in games is hard to come by and this game was a rare treat, I don't want the poor sales to discourage that kind of game design. Also in new IP news, Miyamoto said last July he was working on a new IP. It's speculated to be an adventure game. About a year ago, Miyamoto was complaining that developers weren't making their Wii U games very distinctive, so we can only hope that whatever this is, it'll use Wii U to it's full potential. He's been working on it for over a year now, so we can at least expect it to be announced at E3, but it might get announced in April at a Japanese gaming con that Nintendo is sponsoring, Nico Nico Chokaigi.  Aside from those two...well ZombiU is new, and it's like $20-30 now in most places. W101 is usually about $30.

By wanting a more chanllenging game, I didn't mean rated M games, most rated M games I beat in a breeze and those game were design for adults. I did beat The Wonderful 101 and my god it was the most bland, fusterating, sland gimmicky experience I ever dealt with, even with the pro controller.

But I do understand where your coming from.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

PenguinZ said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Care to link where Nintendo ever promised every 3rd party game? It already has better support than the WIi did. I have a feeling that you are taking what was actually said and twisting it in order to justify your stance against them.

Where does it have better support than the Wii...? A lot of third parties want nothing to do with the Wii U, and third party support going forward looks barren.

To answer the OP's question. I don't buy consoles to sell and the Wii U is no different. I never owned the original Wii, and there were a couple games for the Wii U I wanted to play so the purchase was a no brainer for me. I really only bought the system for Nintendo games, so the lack of third party games doesn't really bug me. I also have access to the Wii library, which I missed out on, and the VC so there's more than enough games to tide me over. I am looking forward to getting a PS4 for all my third party needs.

I think he means third-party support if you don't consider casual games, which many core gamers didn't. Third-party support for "hardcore" games is somewhat better than it was on the Wii, especially if you look past the games released after people realized that that muliplatform games were vastly inferior on the Wii (which isn't the case on the Wii U).

kitler53 said:
i've never understood people selling consoles.

A) don't buy a console you don't actually want.
B) once purchased, the resell value sucks so much you might as well keep it.

This is indeed the thread-ending comment. It's not a good idea to buy a console you don't really want (if you've got the income, just spend it on more games for a console you have and do enjoy), and it's a worse idea to try to re-sell that console, as you're still going to be out about half of what you paid up front, depending.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:
i've never understood people selling consoles.

A) don't buy a console you don't actually want.
B) once purchased, the resell value sucks so much you might as well keep it.

This is indeed the thread-ending comment. It's not a good idea to buy a console you don't really want (if you've got the income, just spend it on more games for a console you have and do enjoy), and it's a worse idea to try to re-sell that console, as you're still going to be out about half of what you paid up front, depending.

*hugs*