By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze pushes WiiU to the limits?

DialgaMarine said:
Flanneryaug said:
Where does it say that the gamepad goes dark because of performance problems? The link says that it goes dark to save gamepad battery life. This game won't push the Wii U to the limits, but it will still look nice.

It's pretty much implied. Why on earth would the developer not use the gamepad features if they weren't worried about it putting too much tax on the console? They probably couldn't have achieved 60 FPS with the Gamepad, which makes you wonder why the game isn't running 1080p. The game really doesn't look that good, graphically.

And yet Mario 3D World runs at 60fps with the Gamepad running and uses more effects than Tropical Freeze.

As for the pics, the third one is Trine 2: Director's Cut, and it was pointed out I chose a poor image of Pikmin 3. Here's some better ones:

Around the Network

Naw... If a Donkey Kong game can push this system to the limit then that would be a fucking massive embarrassment on Nintendo's part.

AZWification said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
AZWification said:

It takes a lot of power to handle  that realistic fur.

Yeah, that realistic fur is what stopped the game from being 1080p! 

I heard a rumor saying  that Retro tried making Tropical Freeze a 1080p game, but the Wii U exploded because it  wasn't able to handle 1080p and DK's realistic fur at the same time.

I thought it was the developers heads that exploded from being subjected to such realistic fur.

Miyamoto told them to tone it down, "the people simply aren't ready"...

curl-6 said:
DialgaMarine said:
Flanneryaug said:
Where does it say that the gamepad goes dark because of performance problems? The link says that it goes dark to save gamepad battery life. This game won't push the Wii U to the limits, but it will still look nice.

It's pretty much implied. Why on earth would the developer not use the gamepad features if they weren't worried about it putting too much tax on the console? They probably couldn't have achieved 60 FPS with the Gamepad, which makes you wonder why the game isn't running 1080p. The game really doesn't look that good, graphically.

And yet Mario 3D World runs at 60fps with the Gamepad running and uses more effects than Tropical Freeze.

As for the pics, the third one is Trine 2: Director's Cut, and it was pointed out I chose a poor image of Pikmin 3. Here's some better ones:

Pictures of water in Pikmin 3 never do it justice, you just have to play and run around in it :D

I do detest these misleading titles. Many choose not to read the article ( probably can't be bothered or maybe due to a lack of an elementary education) and just respond to the title which makes them come across a bit tup.
Anyhow..
Great feature. Should be implemented in all games as appropriate.

Pikmin 3 is beautiful to look at.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Naw... If a Donkey Kong game can push this system to the limit then that would be a fucking massive embarrassment on Nintendo's part.

tis will be the first DK that dont push the console to the limit.  DKC looked so good, it realy pushed the snes behind the limits, and dk64 had to include the Expansion Pak because the console couldnt handle it.

mysteryman said:
curl-6 said:

Pictures of water in Pikmin 3 never do it justice, you just have to play and run around in it :D

Truth. The water physics are truly beautiful, some of the best I've seen in any game.

Its the first HD game on new hardware for Retro.

Its not pushing the limits, just not optimized. Their 2nd game will be better to this in every manner.