By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst firm says Sony is responsible for Nintendo's lack of third party content

Sony in the past with PS1 and PS2. But now its totz Nintendo.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
selnor1983 said:
This is ludicrus. Are they serious? Nintendo could of matched the hardware but they chose not to. Before wii, gc wasmore powerful than ps2. Its not sonys fault. They made alot of fans with weaker ssystemsin ps1 and 2.

Yet it sold poorly. Yet people wonder what gave Nintendo the idea to use less powerful hardware, because it always worked for Sony.

I'm not sure if PS1 was less powerful than N64. What I do know is that it played a media format with 8000% more capacity.

Regarding PS2, I do know it was less powerful than Game Cube...but how much different? I never saw on Game Cube a game with the graphics of GT4.

I guess it works for Sony because when they do it there are no huge differences in hardware (like they were for example between Wii and PS3) and Sony makes it up on software or media format.

Believe me, power will always be a driver in videogaming.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

The Wii U is failing because Sony is a hacker aimbot cunt 1v1 me m8 I banged ur mom

BMaker11 said:
Sharu said:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220894

Wow.

"Dealing with content development risks due to the consecutive failure to launch with high performance the 3DS and the Wii U

- Response to the problem of the inability to secure third party titles caused by SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) investing heavily in the marketing cost of multiplatform software. 

- Due to the soaring development costs of home consoles making difficult to ensure profitability, we hope to hear an answer on the building of a new business model."

Do you believe it. If yes this means war?

3rd party games don't perform well on 3DS and WiiU. Check.

Sony helping to market a game means that Nintendo can't also invest in marketing a game. Check

Everyone else is making high spec gaming machines and Nintendo isn't. Check.

Confirmed. Sony's fault Nintendo isn't doing things that are totally in the realm of Nintendo doing

That's not true. They don't perform as well as first-party games, but they have pulled good numbers.

osed125 said:
Zod95 said:
osed125 said:

Go Nintendo is just posting the news. The one who said that was an analyst.

But they choose what to post.

And?

"We all make choices but in the end our choices make us."

If I have a newspaper or TV channel or a website, I can become whatever I want just by choosing the news I post. If I opt to post opinions from clowns...

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
The Wii U is failing because Sony is a hacker aimbot cunt 1v1 me m8 I banged ur mom

Nintendo and PC gamer

kupomogli said:
Sony gets blamed for everything.

No they don't. They haven't been blamed for many things these days, and deservedly so becuase they've been doing quite a good job. MIcrosoft and NIntendo are much more frequently blamed these days.

Scizor_99 said:
BMaker11 said:
Sharu said:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220894

Wow.

"Dealing with content development risks due to the consecutive failure to launch with high performance the 3DS and the Wii U

- Response to the problem of the inability to secure third party titles caused by SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) investing heavily in the marketing cost of multiplatform software. 

- Due to the soaring development costs of home consoles making difficult to ensure profitability, we hope to hear an answer on the building of a new business model."

Do you believe it. If yes this means war?

3rd party games don't perform well on 3DS and WiiU. Check.

Sony helping to market a game means that Nintendo can't also invest in marketing a game. Check

Everyone else is making high spec gaming machines and Nintendo isn't. Check.

Confirmed. Sony's fault Nintendo isn't doing things that are totally in the realm of Nintendo doing

That's not true. They don't perform as well as first-party games, but they have pulled good numbers.

Hey man, I'm just repeating back what the OP said

RolStoppable said:
Sony's actions certainly had an impact on Nintendo. The same holds true for Microsoft who aren't mentioned by this Japanese analyst, likely due to Microsoft's irrelevance in Japan.

Sony and Microsoft both bought their way into the video game market. They also heavily subsidize hardware to push consoles with higher processing power into the market. Naturally, that changes the expectations of third party publishers who feel entitled to get paid off for delivering content and will use the Sony/Microsoft platforms as the standard. That pretty much puts Nintendo in a situation where they have to choose the lesser of two evils:

1) Stay the course of profitability by sticking to selling hardware at a profit and acceptance that a sizeable chunk of third party content won't arrive on the system due to disparity in processing power and lack of moneyhats.

2) Engage in the arms race and shell out money for third party content, but with the high risk that profitability might not be attained over the full course of a system's lifecycle.

Well said. I think now Nintendo must embrace the subscription model used by competitors to offer a more powerful, much more expensive system while maintaining profitability. That or go after a completely different consumer.

Perhaps Nintendo should have focused more on creating developer friendly environments if they wanted long-term support for their home consoles? This is Sony's "fault" simply in the sense that they have always put developer incentive and ease at the top of the priority list while Nintendo have largely run their own game (literally and figuratively) and refused to join market movements and embrace most standards.

Nintendo themselves have been very apologetic lately and seem to accept and reconcile with the fact that they mostly have themselves to blame for most of their recent troubles, their fans, however, are very far behind in this regard.