By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst firm says Sony is responsible for Nintendo's lack of third party content

Technically speaking, Sony and Microsoft have been a threat to Nintendo ever since they enter the industry. This just seems like an elaborate way of reporting the obvious. I'm not even sure this is newsworthy.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
This is ludicrus. Are they serious? Nintendo could of matched the hardware but they chose not to. Before wii, gc wasmore powerful than ps2. Its not sonys fault. They made alot of fans with weaker ssystemsin ps1 and 2.

Agreed. People will always bring the wii u's lack of power into the equation and pretend it's no big deal, it doesn't matter. It's not the reason for the poor sales.

Well I think differently. I do like the console but that doesn't mean I won't be critical of it.

Whatever your angle one thing cannot be denied as things stand. Nintendo choose to build a system that not many gamers want and many developers consider last gen, that's their own fault.

osed125 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
A site called Go nintendo....lol. Blame nintendo for their issues not someone else. Always someone elses fault.

Go Nintendo is just posting the news. The one who said that was an analyst.

But they choose what to post.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Typical of nintendo fans blame everyone and everything but nintendo.

Zod95 said:
osed125 said:

Go Nintendo is just posting the news. The one who said that was an analyst.

But they choose what to post.

And?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I don't get it. The wording is awful in this one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sharu said:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220894

Wow.

"Dealing with content development risks due to the consecutive failure to launch with high performance the 3DS and the Wii U

- Response to the problem of the inability to secure third party titles caused by SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) investing heavily in the marketing cost of multiplatform software. 

- Due to the soaring development costs of home consoles making difficult to ensure profitability, we hope to hear an answer on the building of a new business model."

Do you believe it. If yes this means war?

3rd party games don't perform well on 3DS and WiiU. Check.

Sony helping to market a game means that Nintendo can't also invest in marketing a game. Check

Everyone else is making high spec gaming machines and Nintendo isn't. Check.

Confirmed. Sony's fault Nintendo isn't doing things that are totally in the realm of Nintendo doing

Somini said:
This is true. My neighbor is overweight because i choose to eat at MCdonalds.

Ha ha ha, yeah how dare you.

random15 said:
Typical of nintendo fans blame everyone and everything but nintendo.

That's not usually the case. And it isn't as if some Sony and Microsoft fans haven't done similar things.

lol, its Nintendos own fault.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine