By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who here has been hurt by Nintendo?

The unwillingness to add achievements has left me thunder struck. This may not entice some Nintendo gamers but to many it does. My girl friend has been constantly asking me when they will do this. She loves Achievements on Xbox and is a completionist. They need to release adding this does not take away from the game but only adds and for who doesn't care, it does not make any difference because they will not pay attention to them.

Around the Network

They've let me down a lot over the years. It seems like there's been a really large amount of hurt happening over the last six years or so. But I could go on about all that (Paper Mario), so I'm just going to give my earliest memory of it.

When I was a kid, getting all 120 stars in Super Mario 64 was like, the greatest gaming achievement possible. Later I got the DS version, which had 30 additional stars added, just to make it that much crazier. I got all 150 stars, and when I got up onto the castle, there was actually LESS reward than in the original. Original game you got 99 lives, a congratulations personally from the developers, and a wing hat box. The DS version, for all your trouble, gave you the box, three lives sitting on the ground, and a rabbit that would give you the last and most boring of the card-based mini games.

That was the very first time I could actually say that I was hurt by Nintendo.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

When I bought a gamecube mainly for the legend of zelda: TP and then the game got delayed (for how long I can't remember). However, upon approaching that so called release date, the game got delayed AGAIN solely so it could become a launch title for the Wii. Granted, when I actually got the game it was quite good. I can also remember thinking to myself while playing TP that it will take 'forever' for the next zelda game so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts!

The other thing that bothered me during the gamecube period was the sheer amount of 'big' games that seemed to be on the ps2 (i.e., metal gear solid, final fantasy, devil may cry, god of war, jak and daxter, etc.) that I didn't get the chance to play. On the plus side, I did play resident evil 4 which was great.

I also had a wii last gen but was really only upset with it (mainly due to a lack of games I wanted to play) when I didn't have a ps3. Once I had a ps3 (my first playstation console) I never really thought about the wii again -- only played a couple of wii games in probably the last 3 years as a result.

Basically, I learnt that Nintendo = disappointment so I've avoided them for some time now.

Right now... They still haven't announced a Nintendo Direct :(

Really though, never.

1doesnotsimply

looks like nintendo hurt us quite alot LOL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

You would think Nintendo killed their parents or something like that. This site seems like a Nintendo hate support group with some members doing nothing but constantly hating them and if they get called out, the person calling them out gets banned

If nintendo has actually "hurt" you, you may have more issues that the supposed "hurt" they've caused. Not liking their business strategy is one thing. Claiming that it causes you pain is yet another.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
If nintendo has actually "hurt" you, you may have more issues that the supposed "hurt" they've caused. Not liking their business strategy is one thing. Claiming that it causes you pain is yet another.

Not releasing Super Mario RPG caused me considerable "hurt" as a child!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

To be honest, never. Nintendo has always delighted me with its amazing first-party games, and continues to do so. Sure, it's not being injected into me at the rate that I'd like, but I'm patient, so it comes and it comes, and when it does, it's always an amazing experience.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Turkish said:
Me, with the Wii, such a weak lineup after the Gamecube.

To bad sales didn't say the same back then :(

i didnt know one could play "sales" and that they equal fun