By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who here has been hurt by Nintendo?

I've always liked Nintendo. I've grown playing Mario, although admittedly I've never heard of the other Nintendo games such as Kirby, Pikmin etc. Only Mario and Luigi and a little Pokemon. I've bought a DS hoping to play all the Nintendo games but oh boy, it was the biggest mistake I've ever made and I've paid like 50$ for it. Still it is a pain to remember it. I've been cautious to Nintendo hardware ever since.

Around the Network

Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Iwata and Reggie personally came to my house and beat me up. True Story

Ocilayton said:

Iwata and Reggie personally came to my house and beat me up. True Story

U2?? (((

They hurt me by putting out the weakest hardware and practically killed my interest in the 3DS. Hard to see my favorite franchises be mangled by moon sized pixels.
Same for Wii U which I will have to buy for Bayonetta, X and Mario Kart. Poor games, they don't deserve this treatment.
 Time for Nintendo to let go of its hostages or at least build a nicer prison.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'm hurt everyday there is no news on Monolith Soft's X

No true pokemon game on N64 (stadium and snap don't count)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

spurgeonryan said:

Whether it was from waiting for a new N64 game or getting a N64 game with horrible Framerate to being given the shaft on the GC.

Or whether you got caught up in the Wii hype and was disappointed with what you got or even with current matters that we are forced to deal with as loyal Nintendo gamers.

When and how much have you been hurt by Nintendo in the past? Was it when they spit in third parties faces for the first time during the SNES days?

My most recent and most deep cut is this second financial meltdown and their entire business strategy. I am so upset over this. Plus!!! Where are the darned Wii U systems? Why are they not being shipped to stores in a timely manner?

You may now vent Vgchartz.

Please tell us at what point Nintendo hurt you and you left forever or held a grudge forever. Maybe, if we can help you get past this begrudgery you will be willing to get a Wii U!

To me it's "when" didn't I got screwd by nintendo. LOved the n64, some of the most critically accalimed games in history from nintendo and rare, but in yearly years the games costed a lot and textures were blurry. After a few years there were simply not enough games.

With the gamecube no more rare and even lesser games, the only really good memory with the console it's playing local multyplayer in Melee.

The wii was the pinacle of taking a giant fuming dump on your costumers. Was even worse than the n64 and the gamecube in lacking 1st and 3rd party games,in fact it was only worth it for the local multiplayer ones.

So yeah.

The moment they stopped creating powerful consoles.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

I have. Let me tell you how: I was the biggest Nintendo supporter (not fanboy) back in the day. I was so mad when my cousin got a Genesis and thought he was so much better than me. I stuck in there, moving on to the SNES and eventually the N64. While everyone jumped on the Sony PS1 bandwagon I stuck with N64 because I was a fan of the company and Zelda was pretty much my virtual girlfriend. To this day I don't like PS1 and still say N64 was overall a better console.
However, I started to drift toward Sony when the PS2 was by and large better than that cube thingy. After that I realized that I'm growing up and Nintendo isn't. I started driving cars and dating girls and Nintendo was still for children. I stuck with PS2 after Dark Cloud 2 supplanted Ocarina of Time as my all time fave but vowed to return home if Ninty ever decided to grow up. Then came Wii... and the rest is history.