By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GameStop on PS4 demand: 'Selling out as quickly as we could stock them'

People must really want to play Killzone.....

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

and knack :P

FlamingWeazel said:
coolguy said:
sony should have waited to launch in the smaller countrys. and have enough ps4 for north america and the uk to suplly demend

Totally agree, sony underestimated demand.  You really are a coolguy :).

It is always better to underestimate demand than overestimate demand so I can't be too harsh on them.

Exactly how many consoles do these smaller coutries represent? I really don't think it is that high... or is it?

Anyhow I do agree with you. Sony at the very least should cut the supply to the smaller countries and concentrate on the US and Europe. People still queuing for a PS4 two months after the launch is reminiscent of the wii.

How nice it would be when you don't have to see people selling them for 500 bucks. Also did Sony just slow down production of the PS4? I really don't understand how supply hasn't caught up to demand. I know there probably saving more PS4s for Japan but still.

Great news for Sony, and of course Microsoft who have done well with 3 mil units sold in a smaller number of territories.

Its good both of them are doing well, gaming is alive and well!

Looking forward to seeing Sony's Japanese launch,

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Err you do realize that the PS4 is a future investment right? People are buying to play Infamous Second Son, Uncharted 4, GT7, LBP 3, and so on. Did people just buy the XBO because they HAD to play Ryse? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I saw 3 at my local Walmart on Monday. Anyone looking for one, check your local store there. The most interesting thing though was they had inventory shipping stickers on them (at least the front 2 did), as if they'd come off a standard Walmart truck and individually instead of in boxes. In local stores here they'd been using FedEx to ship them straight from Sony. So this might mean the supply issues are getting sorted out if they are using traditional shipping now, because that means they have to go through distribution centers and everything. This is probably not the case for every market though, some might have used traditional shipping all along.

Fusioncode said:
sales2099 said:

Err you do realize that the PS4 is a future investment right? People are buying to play Infamous Second Son, Uncharted 4, GT7, LBP 3, and so on. Did people just buy the XBO because they HAD to play Ryse? 

Why mention a bad metacritic score game??? Why not mention Killer Instinct, Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3, 3 big games that clearly out-variety PS4's one worthwhile exclusive FPS? X1 has great 2014 upcoming games as well.

Just saying people are buying it for the price and the name, not for what is actually available. Which is nice for Sony and allows for bragging rights from fans.

Edit: Please don't mention games that haven't been annoucned, and not even given a relase window. That is a Sony fan pet peeve of mine :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

JoeTheBro said:
coolguy said:
sony should have waited to launch in the smaller countrys. and have enough ps4 for north america and the uk to suplly demend

I somewhat agree with that. The other places are still certainly important, but in America and UK the lack of supply is drawing consumers to the competition.

Now that we see how things turn out, we can say Sony should have done this and should have done that. I am sure most of us got taken by surprise with the numbers the PS4 is putting in terms of sale. I do think that a lot of people got tired of waiting and probably went and buy an Xbox One.

I thinks Sony was so focused on not letting Xbox One have any territory years or month advance that they decided to launch in a lot of regions and countries. But MS realizing Sony is not meeting demand decide to make sure to have enough Xbox One available in case people were tired of waiting.

Question,How many PS4 were sold on the Xone 13 countries?