By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft paying YouTubers for positive Xbox One coverage ( edited with more info )

Tagged games:

Shinobi-san said:

If this is true we will most likely get an apology from Major Nelson saying something along the lines of "we didnt have any bad intentions we apologies for the misunderstanding", which is all great and stuff but they can really only say that so many times

Major Nelson will be part of the gaming history alongside:

Around the Network

I love seeing people scramble to protect or cover up something. It's great.

ioi said:
Is this news?

Every single video game company, movie studio and record label does exactly the same thing all year round.

We're on a console gaming website.  Microsoft makes the Xbox One which happens to be a gaming console.  Oh... I'm sorry.  This is your website.  Well since the news is about Microsoft who makes the Xbox One and there are forums on this site, we decided to discuss it here.  And yes, this is news because it's happening now in regards to Microsoft and Machinima.  Unless you want us all to leave to discuss it somewhere else...?

Actually it doesn't matter
Do you guys know Sony gatekeeper?
They did that since 2006 but i never really care(fun to read it though)

RenCutypoison said:
D-Joe said:
ioi said:
Is this news?

Every single video game company, movie studio and record label does exactly the same thing all year round.

They say it's illegal

I wonder why no one action yet if it's illegal,seems it's easy money to get and you don't even need to be Xbox owner

I don't think it's illegal, it's product integration and it existed for at least the last 6 years on youtube.

See doritos gate.

The article explains why it is in fact illegal, read it people.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I love seeing people scramble to protect or cover up something. It's great.

No one is scrambling to cover the cleavage in your avatar.  I kid, I kid.

:)

gooch_destroyer said:
MS paying youtubers to be shills. why defend this...?

I know why, but considering the wonderful moderation system over here, it might get me warned or banned.

ioi said:
Is this news?

Where ??? Who??? The article explains why it breaks FTC laws, never heard of others doing this......Either way if in fact others do it makes it right??? Two wrongs don't maker a right.

D-Joe said:

?? Not even clsoe to the same thing...again read the article.

D-Joe said:

Sure.  Go ahead a make a new thread on it.