By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft paying YouTubers for positive Xbox One coverage ( edited with more info )

Tagged games:

That is just sad.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

Of course they are doing this, I do not see the problem.

I think the problem is the fact they can't state they are paid. It is more horrible youtubers that accept the offer, but hey people need money. 

(It is like Editorials being paid for)

This was posted yesterday by viltgance http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176400&page=0#1 which got locked for being a duplicate of this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176347

This thread is a Duplicate thread of a duplicate thread

In which what Ktay95 said is right http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5983566

shikamaru317 said:

There's no reason why they shouldn't do this, it's easy marketing that costs them far less than TV ads. And before you go complaining saying that it's something that only a company as dirty as Microsoft would do, you should know that Nintendo does it as well, Youtuber Jesse Cox recently mentioned that he turned down a marketing deal that Nintendo offered him to promote the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony has done this in the past as well.

This is not marketing, it's bribery. To actually have an NDA in a contract of this sort is unlawful and hopefully this will backfire on MS and give them even more bad press.

The PS5 Exists. 

this is sad... really

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
shikamaru317 said:

There's no reason why they shouldn't do this, it's easy marketing that costs them far less than TV ads. And before you go complaining saying that it's something that only a company as dirty as Microsoft would do, you should know that Nintendo does it as well, Youtuber Jesse Cox recently mentioned that he turned down a marketing deal that Nintendo offered him to promote the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony has done this in the past as well.

This is not marketing, it's bribery. To actually have an NDS in a contract of this sort is unlawful and hopefully this will backfire on MS and give them even more bad press.

It actually has started, a lot of youtubers are pointing out how this destroys the integrity of youtubers. (Again this is more about youtubers lack of integrity than it is really microsoft). 

GribbleGrunger said:

I can't believe how many people think that bribery is ok. The contract specifically says that any participant cannot disclose that they're part of this promotion. This is against the law and yet another example of why people do not like MS:

"That's not the case, however. According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and they can't say they're being paid to do so."

Bolded

do you mean... Like and ad? Wow...

ps: one thing i hate is the anonymous leaks, no one can corroborate the thing. At least the user could post a pic of the email or whatever i mean, pastebin? Really?

Acevil said:

It actually has started, a lot of youtubers are pointing out how this destroys the integrity of youtubers. (Again this is more about youtubers lack of integrity than it is really microsoft). 

So instead of blaiming a company that is doing something illegal and underhand, you are pushing the onus onto Youtubers themselves. MS are and always have been an immoral company. This is why they are disliked by many people.

The PS5 Exists. 

MS is so fucking stupid!
MS, all we want to do is play video games, its that simple.
I hope his hurts them, they deserve it.

~kao said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I can't believe how many people think that bribery is ok. The contract specifically says that any participant cannot disclose that they're part of this promotion. This is against the law and yet another example of why people do not like MS:

"That's not the case, however. According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and they can't say they're being paid to do so."

Bolded

do you mean... Like and ad? Wow...

ps: one thing i hate is the anonymous leaks, no one can corroborate the thing. At least the user could post a pic of the email or whatever

An Ad in the sense what you meant, you know exactly who is being paid. For example Tiger Wood has a Nike Advertisement, he is paid and it is public knowledge. 

Also why would the anonymous person want to get in trouble for sharing information, that otherwise wouldn't be public.