By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Release Will Be Over 3 Million. And You? (Over 500k in US before Titanfall Launch) - Results Out

Tagged games:

PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Launch?

4.0m 229 30.90%

3.5m 47 6.34%

3.0m 120 16.19%

2.5m 197 26.59%

2.0m 85 11.47%

1.5m 12 1.62%

1.0m 15 2.02%

None 33 4.45%

Total:738
IsawYoshi said:

The Xbox One will probably still end up selling more in Japan than it does in many other countries. 

I don't get the joke. Or are you suggesting it's selling so badly everywhere that it can't get any worse? If you are, it's wrong because the X1 is selling well, it's just that the PS4 is selling better.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I see you have scaled back your predictions after GT6 and Dec NPD Ethomaz.

There is no way PS4 sells that much in Japan. Unless Square announce a date for FFXV this year, otherwise I can't see it. If that happens I'll believe your predictions no matter how crazy they are...

GribbleGrunger said:
IsawYoshi said:

The Xbox One will probably still end up selling more in Japan than it does in many other countries. 

I don't get the joke. Or are you suggesting it's selling so badly everywhere that it can't get any worse? If you are, it's wrong because the X1 is selling well, it's just that the PS4 is selling better.

Because there is not a joke. Xbox 360 sold 1.5 million in Japan, it is more than 90% of the countries it released in. Suggesting that MS should cancel the japanese launch means that they should only release it in USA, UK, Germany, and Italy (maybe 2 or 3 more).

Yep, Japan will be the factor.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
IsawYoshi said:

Mr. Stutzer already pointed it out for ya. While it is bad taken into consideration that it is Japan, the Japanese numbers will still be higher than most others. 

IsawYoshi said:
GribbleGrunger said:
IsawYoshi said:

Mr. Stutzer already pointed it out for ya. While it is bad taken into consideration that it is Japan, the Japanese numbers will still be higher than most others. 

I'm still confused. What region does MS sell worse than in Japan? I feel as if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but I'm not entirely sure what the stick is or which end I'm getting.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
IsawYoshi said:
GribbleGrunger said:
IsawYoshi said:

I'm still confused. What region does MS sell worse than in Japan? I feel as if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but I'm not entirely sure what the stick is or which end I'm getting.

Norway? Sweden? Denmark? Iceland? Pretty much all of Africa? 

IsawYoshi said:

Norway? Sweden? Denmark? Iceland? Pretty much all of Africa? 

Right, so now I see the confusion. You are comparing one region (Japan) to small parts of another region (Europe). It won't sell many on the Isle of White either.

The PS5 Exists. 

People are predicting above 4M. How's that even possible. The japanese launch is in one month from now. They expect it to sell 3M more than the Xbone ?
I'm not doubting of the beast that is the PS4 but be reasonable, Japan don't receive consoles very well on launch day. I voted 2.5M