By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Maybe) Nintendo press event this Friday

It will be something like new Cranky kong's cane colors as DLC. Don't expect much more than something ridiculous like that

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Emergency! Emergency! Bad numbers, pull a new Nintendo Direct.
It must be this week and I'm expecting nothing less than the real Zelda for U.

Well you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

spemanig said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
Sweet! Hope it is true. Need another Fix of Nintendo Direct.

More than that, Nintendo needs a Nintendo Direct, now. They need to reinstill consumer confidence, because right now there are 5.5 million Wii U owners who are afraid they may have spent $300+ on a dead console. I own a Wii U and say what you want about the PS4 and XBO, but their 2014 looks far more interesting. Wii U may have the "bigger" games, but they have more games. A lot more. I'm getting:

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros. U

Bayonetta 2

Hyrule Warriors

Xenoblade 2

Watch_Dogs

What other "big games" do we know we're getting this year? Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which I'd personally rather have on the 3DS. Maybe Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem? Maybe Yarn Yoshi? I mean come on!! Six slot confirmed exclusives?!? Look at all the stupid PS4 threads with like 30! Jesus Christ, Nintendo. And granted, they're getting indies too, and I'm getting some, like:

Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut

Teslagrad

Hyper Light Drifter

And I know there are more, but we're getting more indie support than 1st and 3rd party! And the 3DS looks even worse. What big 3DS game do we know about after Bravely Default? Kirby Tripple Deluxe? The other Smash? That's it? How do you go from 2013 3DS to this? My most anticipated 3DS game this year is a game I'm only guessing will come out this year: Majora's Mash 3D. That should be a joke! Everything else is indie! I'm more excited about Retro City Rampage, Iron Fall, and Cult County than anything that's confirmed for the 3DS this year, barring maybe Bravely Default, which I'm still on the fence about based off the demo.

We need a Nintendo Direct. These unsure waters need to change. There's no way they just figured out on Friday that they were in the shitter. They knew since the price dropped that it wasn't going to work. This is a multibillion dollar company. They made the announcement when they did because they've been taking action for months. They bought that mobile company those weeks ago. They expaded stidios in the span of months, most after the drop. Posting jobs for devs.

I'm seriously hoping that the next Nintendo Direct shows the first bit of this drastic change. They need to start being more transparent and quit leaving consumers in the dark about everything. 

Isn't it reasonably sound that there is more indie support than 1st and 3rd Party. If you ignore the old games, that is what usually happens on Steam. By a lot. Indies are supposed to be a lot more numerous  than significant 3rd Party devs since there is such a low bar to entry. It has become dramatically easier in the past couple years to become an indie dev and publish a decent looking game. They need to show off these exclusive Indie devs more. 

Also, some more 3DS games for this year

• Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear
  • That Disney Animal Crossing-like game
  • Yoshi's New island
  • Mario Golf: World Tour
  • Persona Q
  • Devil Survivor 2: Break Record
  • Inazuma Eleven
  • Phoenix Vs. professor Layton
  • Professor Layton 6
  • Senran Kagura 2(Japan)
  • Conception 2
  • One Piece: Romantic Dawn
  • Rodea the Sky Warrior(so far Japan)
  • Dragon Quest Monster 2(Japan)
  • plus unconfirmed stuff like MH4, Fantasy Life Youkai Watch and Digimon World Re:Digitize

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

spurgeonryan said:
Fps on 3DS? Meh

Excuse me?

What Nintendo needs is 2 things.

1. A huge Nintendo direct that gives some concrete dates on Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and Xenoblade, as well as showing off some games they are working on. I have seen in other places that the games we know about are only about 30 percent of what they are working on. It would be a good time (obviously) to pull the curtain back on some new games.

2. Bite the bullet and pay for a Super Bowl Wii U comercial, probebly featuring Donkey Kong and Mario Kart. It's 4 million bucks but is the one time of year that you know for a fact people are watching. $4 million sounds like a lot but it's equal to only 80,000 copies of Donkey Kong sold. No doubt it will eat into profits, but the reward far outweighs the risk.

Around the Network

Let's hope it's a great ND! Nintendo needs it, and we need it.

What they SHOULD do before a ND is to have a trailer, something that's like 30 secs long, just to build the hype.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Oh yeah, don't forget that Shin'en also has a game to reveal this month. With only 10 days left, that window is closing.

IsawYoshi said:
off tv netflix (unless that already exists, don't know ).

since day 01. lol

Click HERE and be happy 

I just wanna see Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE, just so we atleast know those games haven't been canceld!

EricFabian said:
IsawYoshi said:
off tv netflix (unless that already exists, don't know ).

since day 01. lol

Well ain't that handy. I'm going to get it when TVii makes it over. I though you only used the gamepad for comments and such, I guess I was wrong. :P