By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Only way to accomodate Halo 5/Halo 2 Anniversary

GamechaserBE said:
Wright said:
selnor1983 said:

Disagree. Reach was a great game.

What made Reach so great, singleplayer-speaking?

Well it was mostly fan service, the game would never have been made if their was no Fall of reach book. 

Before that book spartans were just humans in a military overpowered suit after that book spartans got a soul and people start to care about them.

I still remember that guy who hugged a spartan at the launch of halo Reach and was so emotional about it.

It made the characters in the game also more special. You know that they did a good job with it because after being release for more than three years people
still remember the names of the spartans in the game...  while they don't remember what are the names of the BF4 teammates in singleplayer while the game is only released for a few months.. 

Also it show us Catherine and other Universe related characters.

Everything they introduced in the game fit well in the Universe.

The Kig yar were never my favourites but the Skirmishers blew me away, they are simply fun enemies to fight and challenging when they come in packs and use their holograms..

The new vehicles did well, especially the space battle, Is their a space game on X360 that was more fun to play than that space battle in Halo Reach?

I can go on but I am getting to tired to write more..  All I can say is that I am very dissapointed in Halo 4...

Can I ask why you didnt like 4?

I found Foward Unto Dawn and  Halo 4 a brilliant beginning to a new trilogy and brilliant development of Masterchiefs relationships further. I liked thhe tie in of Lasky alot. Its my fave Halo to date.

Around the Network
Wright said:
GamechaserBE said:

The new vehicles did well, especially the space battle, Is their a space game on X360 that was more fun to play than that space battle in Halo Reach?

It is funny that I am always bring up this game when people ask what they should try to play, anyway yeah that is game is good and for sure a challenger but don't felt like it is better though...

GamechaserBE said:

It is funny that I am always bring up this game when people ask what they should try to play, anyway yeah that is game is good and for sure a challenger but don't felt like it is better though...

Opinions are opinions. I do think a whole, full-fleshed game is better than a small section on another game though.

selnor1983 said:
GamechaserBE said:
Wright said:
selnor1983 said:

Disagree. Reach was a great game.

What made Reach so great, singleplayer-speaking?

Well it was mostly fan service, the game would never have been made if their was no Fall of reach book. 

Before that book spartans were just humans in a military overpowered suit after that book spartans got a soul and people start to care about them.

I still remember that guy who hugged a spartan at the launch of halo Reach and was so emotional about it.

It made the characters in the game also more special. You know that they did a good job with it because after being release for more than three years people
still remember the names of the spartans in the game...  while they don't remember what are the names of the BF4 teammates in singleplayer while the game is only released for a few months.. 

Also it show us Catherine and other Universe related characters.

Everything they introduced in the game fit well in the Universe.

The Kig yar were never my favourites but the Skirmishers blew me away, they are simply fun enemies to fight and challenging when they come in packs and use their holograms..

I can go on but I am getting to tired to write more..  All I can say is that I am very dissapointed in Halo 4...

I found Foward Unto Dawn and  Halo 4 a brilliant beginning to a new trilogy and brilliant development of Masterchiefs relationships further. I liked thhe tie in of Lasky alot. Its my fave Halo to date.

It is pretty late but I do it for you :).  

- the first halo trilogy science fiction felt less over the top.  The covenant are alright but we as gamer could always relate easy to them, we understand why they fight, we understand that the Elites/Brutes are stronger than humans because of their training and the way their bodies are build.  Bungie thanks to the books/comics make you understand the universe and the world.   Halo 4 is going into the direction of things like Star wars that are to much science fiction for me. Especially with the Didact who is way to strong like a super saiyan. He can defeact MC in a second but lucky MC got beamed by a women who let MC survive those super attacks.   It is like the forerunners trilogy books ...to much science fiction for me and to much 'Just accept this fact don't try to understand why it is possible'

- The characters are not so interesting like before example Sergeant Johnson, Arbiter or guilty spark..  the covenant also don't get translated anymore..

- The new weapons are dissapointing and mostly copies of older weapons...

- Gameplay wise most sections are very dissapointing compared to gameplay from an other Halo game...    That part when you have to drive very fast with a banshee is very dissapointing compared to the part in Halo CE where you have to made it to the ship with your warthog or Halo 3 ending.. Or the space ship gameplay from halo Reach compared to Halo 4..You had much freedom in Halo Reach compared to Halo 4. 

- A lot of enemies also not made it in the game...(skirmishers/brutes where are you?).

- The new enemies are annoying to fight, seeing a Knight getting resurrected makes me crazy but almost kill one and then see him teleport behind me and finish me with a shotgun makes me giving up on the game...  I love a challenge so long it is kind of fair.   Hunters are one of the hardest enemies but if you fought them before you know how to kill them and if you have some skill you even melee them to death....You can learn those skills while the Knights are more based on luck..

- Halo 3 have this amazing moment when two scares attack you and have to defeat them...  You can use a hornet and shoot them from the sky...or a banshee and try to jump from a cliff right on them....or shoot their legs and when the are on their kness you go in it and destroy the (engine?)..  It is also fun to see other people do it;.     Their is not really a part in Halo 4 singleplayer that stands out for me, i finished the campaign twice while in Halo reach I beated every singleplayer mission around 42 times...

And so on....

Their is a lot more I want to talk about but I am to tired to go on..

Ryuu96 said:

It is pretty late but I do it for you :).  

- the first halo trilogy science fiction felt less over the top.  The covenant are alright but we as gamer could always relate easy to them, we understand why they fight, we understand that the Elites/Brutes are stronger than humans because of their training and the way their bodies are build.  Bungie thanks to the books/comics make you understand the universe and the world.   Halo 4 is going into the direction of things like Star wars that are to much science fiction for me. Especially with the Didact who is way to strong like a super saiyan. He can defeact MC in a second but lucky MC got beamed by a women who let MC survive those super attacks.   It is like the forerunners trilogy books ...to much science fiction for me and to much 'Just accept this fact don't try to understand why it is possible'

- The characters are not so interesting like before example Sergeant Johnson, Arbiter or guilty spark..  the covenant also don't get translated anymore..

- The new weapons are dissapointing and mostly copies of older weapons...

- Gameplay wise most sections are very dissapointing compared to gameplay from an other Halo game...    That part when you have to drive very fast with a banshee is very dissapointing compared to the part in Halo CE where you have to made it to the ship with your warthog or Halo 3 ending.. Or the space ship gameplay from halo Reach compared to Halo 4..You had much freedom in Halo Reach compared to Halo 4. 

- A lot of enemies also not made it in the game...(skirmishers/brutes where are you?).

- The new enemies are annoying to fight, seeing a Knight getting resurrected makes me crazy but almost kill one and then see him teleport behind me and finish me with a shotgun makes me giving up on the game...  I love a challenge so long it is kind of fair.   Hunters are one of the hardest enemies but if you fought them before you know how to kill them and if you have some skill you even melee them to death....You can learn those skills while the Knights are more based on luck..

- Halo 3 have this amazing moment when two scares attack you and have to defeat them...  You can use a hornet and shoot them from the sky...or a banshee and try to jump from a cliff right on them....or shoot their legs and when the are on their kness you go in it and destroy the (engine?)..  It is also fun to see other people do it;.     Their is not really a part in Halo 4 singleplayer that stands out for me, i finished the campaign twice while in Halo reach I beated every singleplayer mission around 42 times...

And so on....

Their is a lot more I want to talk about but I am to tired to go on..

The forunners were part off the story before 343 took over tbf and we knew they were super advanced species, I can't remember exactly how the didact lifted chief up though Lol but considering what the humans can do now and the forunners are probably 10x more advanced (if they were still around in their prime) I'm guessing it's something to do with his armor and the woman who saved Chief was the libarian, She isn't just some random woman, Shes a pretty big forunner in the books (Well known and knows allot of stuff to do with the forunners, flood, world etc. Lol)

I agree but Bungie killed off Johnson not 343 =/ Lol, I like the new leader off the covenant and Arbiter should be returning soon, Lasky is ok, The rest can die =P Also since Chief is pretty much alone and his old squad is still alive he should really be meeting up with them soon, Arbiter i'm certain will return soon since the recent comic he played a pretty big part and I think lasky was with him (This comic is after Halo 4 I think)

Guilty Spark will be returning =P JNot going to say more incase you don't want it spoiled but yeah, he will return for sure (I also love his backstory and his such a misunderstood character, if you read who he really is and watch the halo 1 terminals, it's understandable why his pissed off)

Weapons, I agree with kinda, I like the old classic weapons so I don't care about that but some off the new weapons were too OP, That's all I have to say about weapons though Lol

Agree with the ghost part but the Sabre part at the end of Halo 4 was pretty awesome Imo

Idk where Skirmishers are, Will need to check but allot off the Brutes were with the original covenant (and so probably got hunted and killed by the UNSC), Also the fact that they are currently in a cival war (the new brute chieftan btw looks awesome, you should go check him out and i'm sure he will be in one off the upcoming halo games) makes sense they wern't in the halo game straight the way since there pretty much too busy killing themselves lol

The new enemies were annoying for me at first (very annoying) but eventually I got used to them and knew how to fight them, Just takes times =P Halo 4 Legendary was a bitch though Lol

Halo 4 is basically setting everything up for bigger things, Brute Chieftan plays a part in the comic along with the Arbiter and Lasky so they should be coming in the game soon enough

I love Star Wars so I cant really appreciate your not liking the fiction aspect so much.

As for the ggameplay I liked it the same as previous halos. The story just pushed above the others for me. But hey thats individual opinion I guess.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

I enjoyed the falling of Reach. The feeling of losiing.The impact of failing. It felt like the Empire Strrikes Back of Halo. I have a sense Halo 5 will also be similar, before the 6th game embarks on fight back time. Id be really upset if Halo just stoppd now. Its the only game I can guarentee Ill get day 1 everytime.

I agree with the Strikes Back analogy. I felt that way too.  And as our success in defeating the enemy caused them to 'give up' and glass the planet.  So in my doing better than they expected, it made everything so much worse.  It's that bitter sweet success/fail that makes things so much more interesting than just a black/white world.

As far as Halo this year.  I would think the best thing is Halo 2 anniversary this year, and Halo 5 next.  But they can't do that or they would make so many people made and very angry.

So I'll go with the plan B.  Halo 5 this year, Halo 2 Anniverary for the 360, and Halo 2 Anniversary for the Xbox One next year.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
selnor1983 said:

I enjoyed the falling of Reach. The feeling of losiing.The impact of failing. It felt like the Empire Strrikes Back of Halo. I have a sense Halo 5 will also be similar, before the 6th game embarks on fight back time. Id be really upset if Halo just stoppd now. Its the only game I can guarentee Ill get day 1 everytime.

I agree with the Strikes Back analogy. I felt that way too.  And as our success in defeating the enemy caused them to 'give up' and glass the planet.  So in my doing better than they expected, it made everything so much worse.  It's that bitter sweet success/fail that makes things so much more interesting than just a black/white world.

As far as Halo this year.  I would think the best thing is Halo 2 anniversary this year, and Halo 5 next.  But they can't do that or they would make so many people made and very angry.

So I'll go with the plan B.  Halo 5 this year, Halo 2 Anniverary for the 360, and Halo 2 Anniversary for the Xbox One next year.

Not a bad shout.

Or they could do an Xbox One Halo 5+Halo 2 anniversary edition for like $80? Still sell Halo 2 anniversary for 360, but this would generate a will to Buy the Xbox One if people havent already with Titanfall for example.

Be interesting to see how Microsoft play this one. After all next year is outside the 10 year anniversary window.

Wright said:

Halo should be put to rest already.

From the sales, I think millions disagree.