By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Only way to accomodate Halo 5/Halo 2 Anniversary

Ryuu96 said:
iceland said:
sales2099 said:

Wouldn't make sense to launch 2 multiplayer centric games alongside eachother on the same console. The solution: Launch one on 360 and the other on X1. 360 gets some late love from MS and the newly re-introduced Halo 2 MP injects some users into 360 LIVE.

Anybody else agree?

They could do something similar to CEA where Halo 2's MP is essentially a part of Halo 5 (through DLC). At least it won't split the pop in MM.

...Would hate that tbf, Didn't like it when they did that for Halo 1 Anniversary, Hope if they do release Halo 2 they just leave the multiplayer in the game, Release Halo 2 first for 360 and port it to Xbox One at a later date (After they are finished with Halo 5 probably) Would be easier than working on two Halo Xbox One games and releasing them same time 

lol I hated that too, seems like something they would do though if they were to release both this year.

Around the Network

Launch Halo 5 this year and Halo 2 anniversary next one. Everyone happy and both of them with beast sells for example like Halo: Reach that by itself has sold more than the entire Killzone franchise lol

Ryuu96 said:

I still think they should just put aside some staff at 343 to watch over Halo 2 remake by a different studio (Maybe Black Tusk) It wouldn't affect Halo 5 development that much since only like 10 staff members really would be needed to watch it over, only problem is Black Tusk haven't proven themselves yet, Even though it's just a remake they could still screw it up Lol

That's basically what they did for CEA, they didn't do much for the game besides adding terminals. They could do the same for H2

My patience with Halo is wearing thin after Halo 3 it just hasn't been the same. I did enjoy Halo Wars though. I think Halo 2 anniversary on 360 makes a lot of sense.

Ryuu96 said:

But...Emile and Jorge =(

Okay, you're talking about Jorge, an asshole who literally grabs you and throws you into the space onto Reach's atmosphere?, what about Emile, who had no personality whatsoever but a cool helmet? xD

I liked ODST, for what it was; a retail spin-off expansion of Halo 3.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Wouldn't make sense to launch 2 multiplayer centric games alongside eachother on the same console. The solution: Launch one on 360 and the other on X1. 360 gets some late love from MS and the newly re-introduced Halo 2 MP injects some users into 360 LIVE.

Anybody else agree?

Agree its not like halo 2 anniversary is gonna move a lot of X1s anyway

Wright said:
sales2099 said:
Wright said:

Halo should be put to rest already.

As a avid fan of the lore, it is just getting warmed up. The MP bros are what keeps the sales strong and warrants sequels. They get their MP and I get my lore expansion. Everybody wins.

The lore felt purposedly forced after the third game. Reach was a disgrace to the saga as a prequel, and Halo 4 didn't have the spark of brilliance as its predecessors.

No, I don't mind spin-off and experiments, but the main saga should be put to rest already. There's no problem for coming with a brand new saga with a brand new lore equally comparable to Halo, if only someone had the guts to do so.

Disagree. Reach was a great game. Halo 4 the best in the series for me. Right beind it Halo Aniversary then Halo 3 and alo 2. Cant wait till the new books are out which are set after 3.

selnor1983 said:

Disagree. Reach was a great game.

What made Reach so great, singleplayer-speaking?

I loved Reach's SP. Really enjoyed the characters and gameplay. Wasn't perfect, but it was a solid experience in my book. Really loved the world that was made and some of the gameplay segments were extremely memorable. Space combat was very fun, the prologue segment where you fight all the covenant was a fantastic touch, and the combat was pitch pefect for me. Haven't played Halo 4, but from what I gathered, MP leaves plenty to be desired, but most were very happy with how the SP turned out. Odds are that Halo is gonna be with us a long time considering how well 4 sold.

Wright said:
selnor1983 said:

Disagree. Reach was a great game.

What made Reach so great, singleplayer-speaking?

I enjoyed the falling of Reach. The feeling of losiing.The impact of failing. It felt like the Empire Strrikes Back of Halo. I have a sense Halo 5 will also be similar, before the 6th game embarks on fight back time. Id be really upset if Halo just stoppd now. Its the only game I can guarentee Ill get day 1 everytime.