By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Only way to accomodate Halo 5/Halo 2 Anniversary

Ryuu96 said:

Would you rather stick on the ship and die with him? O.o Lol Fun freefall on the way back down to Reach also... =P

Not even Master Chief was able to hold a huge impact from atmosphere to land without inducing in a comma, and he traverse Earth's atmosphere by using a fonerunner's ship. Then he later jumped out. In Reach, you are directly thrown into a planet, then later seen running around, happily.

selnor1983 said:

I enjoyed the falling of Reach. The feeling of losiing.The impact of failing. It felt like the Empire Strrikes Back of Halo. I have a sense Halo 5 will also be similar, before the 6th game embarks on fight back time. Id be really upset if Halo just stoppd now. Its the only game I can guarentee Ill get day 1 everytime.

I didn't find that feeling anywhere. Everything was so methodical, so by-the-rules that felt mechanical. It was like "go here, oh noes." "Okay, let's go here, oh noes." "Woah, a character died. Well, who cares."

The game was filled with plotholes, as well.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Ryuu96 said:

Would you rather stick on the ship and die with him? O.o Lol Fun freefall on the way back down to Reach also... =P

Not even Master Chief was able to hold a huge impact from atmosphere to land without inducing in a comma, and he traverse Earth's atmosphere by using a fonerunner's ship. Then he later jumped out. In Reach, you are directly thrown into a planet, then later seen running around, happily.

selnor1983 said:

I enjoyed the falling of Reach. The feeling of losiing.The impact of failing. It felt like the Empire Strrikes Back of Halo. I have a sense Halo 5 will also be similar, before the 6th game embarks on fight back time. Id be really upset if Halo just stoppd now. Its the only game I can guarentee Ill get day 1 everytime.

I didn't find that feeling anywhere. Everything was so methodical, so by-the-rules that felt mechanical. It was like "go here, oh noes." "Okay, let's go here, oh noes." "Woah, a character died. Well, who cares."

The game was filled with plotholes, as well.

Im sorry you felt that way. :(

I guess not everyone loves Halo like me. :(

selnor1983 said:

I liked up to three, ODST and Wars included.

But they really need to give it a rest in my opinion.

Ryuu96 said:

LOL You kinda have a point =P Although his Armor is better than Chiefs since he is a Spartan 3 and Chief is 2, Energy Shields will deal with some and he also had a re-entry pack, I think Chief just locked his armor wheras Noble Six had a Re-entry, Better armor, I would assume better shields due to the better armor (Not sure) But he 100% had a re-entry pack

Wait a second, Reach's Spartans are better than Master Chief?

Wright said:
selnor1983 said:

I liked up to three, ODST and Wars included.

But they really need to give it a rest in my opinion.

Fair Enough. But  I hope they dont rest. Its in its prime and the best its ever been with Halo 4.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Ryuu96 said:

LOL You kinda have a point =P Although his Armor is better than Chiefs since he is a Spartan 3 and Chief is 2, Energy Shields will deal with some and he also had a re-entry pack, I think Chief just locked his armor wheras Noble Six had a Re-entry, Better armor, I would assume better shields due to the better armor (Not sure) But he 100% had a re-entry pack

Masterchief was a Spartan 2. Only 30 Spartan 2's existed before 2531. Spartan 2's technology on the suit was better than Spartan 3's. And much more expensive. However, Spartan 3's had access to more outside technology as the 2 programs were ran and had very differing goals.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Spartan-II_Program

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-III_Program

Ryuu96 said:
selnor1983 said:
Wright said:
Ryuu96 said:

Masterchief was a Spartan 2. Only 30 Spartan 2's existed before 2531. Spartan 2's technology on the suit was better than Spartan 3's. And much more expensive. However, Spartan 3's had access to more outside technology as the 2 programs were ran and had very differing goals.

Noble Team also had the same suit as Chief (Mark V) though during Reach but Chiefs is like 6 In Halo 3 anyway but still, No Re-Entry pack and the suit is designed to protect from massive impacts by seizing it so I assume Chief wasn't even close to death at all or in a comma, He was just ..Stuck lol since the suit seizes

• Lock-Down System: The Mark VI also introduced a "lock-down" system, which protects muscles and joints from traumatic, high-impact injuries by seizing the suit into a rigid posture.

love talking with another true Halo fan. There is so much outside the games  that people would adore. Its my faveourite game story series. And imoo the Starwars of gaming.

Ryuu96 said:
selnor1983 said:
Ryuu96 said:
selnor1983 said:
Wright said:
Ryuu96 said:

Noble Team also had the same suit as Chief (Mark V) though during Reach but Chiefs is like 6 In Halo 3 anyway but still, No Re-Entry pack and the suit is designed to protect from massive impacts by seizing it so I assume Chief wasn't even close to death at all or in a comma, He was just ..Stuck lol since the suit seizes

• Lock-Down System: The Mark VI also introduced a "lock-down" system, which protects muscles and joints from traumatic, high-impact injuries by seizing the suit into a rigid posture.

love talking with another true Halo fan. There is so much outside the games  that people would adore. Its my faveourite game story series. And imoo the Starwars of gaming.

Lol Cheers, I love Halo lore and it's my favorite series to, I will be honest though, I've only read like...4 off the books, Halo Cryptum, Onxy, Contact and Part off glasslands, Most off the other stuff just comes from me reading up about it on the internet/wiki pretty much everything about it Loll, Planning on getting the other books and reading them though soon, Just too busy atm

Same here. Ive read, Fall Of Reach, The Flood, Onxy, Contact and Cryptum. Completed every Halo game ever made except Spartan Assault and Own all 3 Legendary Editions from 360 generation.

Wright said:
selnor1983 said:

Disagree. Reach was a great game.

What made Reach so great, singleplayer-speaking?

Well it was mostly fan service, the game would never have been made if their was no Fall of reach book. 

Before that book spartans were just humans in a military overpowered suit after that book spartans got a soul and people start to care about them.

I still remember that guy who hugged a spartan at the launch of halo Reach and was so emotional about it.

It made the characters in the game also more special. You know that they did a good job with it because after being release for more than three years people
still remember the names of the spartans in the game...  while they don't remember what are the names of the BF4 teammates in singleplayer while the game is only released for a few months.. 

Also it show us Catherine and other Universe related characters.

Everything they introduced in the game fit well in the Universe.

The Kig yar were never my favourites but the Skirmishers blew me away, they are simply fun enemies to fight and challenging when they come in packs and use their holograms..

The new vehicles did well, especially the space battle, Is their a space game on X360 that was more fun to play than that space battle in Halo Reach?

I can go on but I am getting to tired to write more..  All I can say is that I am very dissapointed in Halo 4...

GamechaserBE said:

The new vehicles did well, especially the space battle, Is their a space game on X360 that was more fun to play than that space battle in Halo Reach?