By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - The Wii U Strikes Back?

One interesting thing to note is that DKTF wont use the Game Pad to increase the overall performance of the game, so the question is: Will this strategy be more frequent as the time goes on?

Around the Network

Donkey Kong is a big deal you know. Casuals and hardcores love the shit out of DK

Nintendo should get eminem to show it off

Donkey kong really does push hardware. Did it with the Wii and the 3DS.

My most anticipated game.

DKCR was one of the finest games of the 7th gen in my book, and Tropical Freeze looks like it could be even better.

And Rambi is back, baby!

If Mario couldn't push the Wii U, snowball chance in hell DK will, but I do plan to pick it up though.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

gamespot loved their time with the game as well. It is almost certain Retro has another hit on their hands. I am going to preorder mine today

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/feeling-the-love-in-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/1100-6417204/

Around the Network

Well Nintendo sold me a Wii U pretty much thanks to this game.

i think donkey kong country returns was a one hit wonder. People reacted on nostalgic instinct much like activision's goldeneye was received. I'm pretty sure dkctf will flop a bit, hitting about half of Mario3dworld's sales. But we'll see. Hopefully i'm wrong. my most anticipated titles for wii this year will remain to be bayonetta, smash, and watchdogs(so long as it's not gimped or of ps360 visuals). I only ask for 4 titles a year, so hopefully Nintendo can come up with just one more title I would consider a 60$ purchase. (I haven't been interested in Mariokart since character selection and car selection were two different things. Same with twisted metal incidentally.)

I'm first going to preorder Mario Kart 8. Then if i can raise more money after that i'll get this game day one.

I don't do preordering but I will be picking this up day one. I really enjoyed DCKR this summer.

As every other person in this thread has pointed out, Donkey Kong is not a savior title. However, if Mario Kart releases soon enough after DK:TF (in the March/Early April area) then it might be a nice one-two punch.

This duo might be able to uphold Wii U sales for awhile and actually make it seem like it's doing average/okay.