By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazing 2014 for Xbox console exclusives. UPDATE: MORE COMING????

selnor1983 said:
mutantclown said:
Half of those games aren't coming out this year. Sorry.

Which half of the list? Please elaborate. They are all either penciled in for 2014, or have concrete dates.

You've got to be dreaming if you think Halo 5 is coming out this year.

Quantum Break is not 2015.

Fable Legends is still in diapers, that game won't release this year.

That's pretty much half of the list since they're 3 of the "big titles" except for Titanfall.

Around the Network

The Xbox family has some AMAZING looking games coming out! By mid next year I will have both my X1 and my PS4 with some great exclusives to play on both! Great thread Selnor despite the silly nit picking that is going on!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Man people really get upset about the word exclusive.

Someone like me, not into next gen yet, I'm buying an Xbone because I prefer console gaming and there's no other next gen console with Titanfall. If that game were only on PS4 for next gen consoles, a PS4 would be my first next gen console. Not sure how much more important the exclusive factor could be in a case like that and I know lots of other people in the exact same boat. Timed exclusives are still exclusives until what other platforms/when on other platforms are announced.

Either way that's an amazing potential 2014 lineup. Can't wait to play most of them.

mutantclown said:
selnor1983 said:
mutantclown said:

Which half of the list? Please elaborate. They are all either penciled in for 2014, or have concrete dates.

That's pretty much half of the list since they're 3 of the "big titles" except for Titanfall.

Microsoft said 2014. They are the best of the 3 companies at hitting dates they give. QB could slip. But Fable and Halo Microsoft will definately get out. Halo will be here Xmas 2014. Halo Reach was 2010. Halo 4 was 2012, Halo 5 will be 2014.

With Alan Wake as an exception, Microsoft dont show a game at E3 and not release within either that year or the following. Last E3 all the games they showed will have a huge chance of coming this year based on History. They say 2014. So its that until otherwise.

Kind of off topic as it released late in December but is Spartan Assault any good? Another game I am looking forward to playing on Xbone.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
mutantclown said:
selnor1983 said:
mutantclown said:

Why not? Like i've said allot of times 343 is a 300+ staff and have been working on it for around 2 years, Probably longer juding from one off somebodies tweet who works in 343, Story and allot off other things could off been done before they even got a Xb1 Kit, Could be achieved easy

And Halo games for the last gen hav always had 2 year cycles. Not including Halo Anniversary.

Offcourse the "E" word sparks outrage. K guys, this isn't rocket science. Titanfall, Project Spark, and those on PC......it isn't on PS4. For all intents and purposes, the game is exclusive.

Because the only rivalry today worth a damn is X1 vs PS4. PC guys have some serious issues with being left out and the need to chime in to discussions that don't concern them. Or Sony fans that look for any excuse to make the Xbox library look bad and hide behind a Microsoft OS PC and not their own console they support (weird).

You either play the games on a Xbox or on a platform that isn't part of the X1/PS4 rivalry. Whether you pick X1 or PC, the PS4 is off and doesn't benefit at all in either scenario. MS wins.

I mean seriously, a little tunnel vision wouldn't hurt anyone :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

When i pick up the x1, i definitely have titanfall, halo, and quantum break on my radar. I might play around with project spark. The others dont really appeal to me.

selnor1983 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Why not? Like i've said allot of times 343 is a 300+ staff and have been working on it for around 2 years, Probably longer juding from one off somebodies tweet who works in 343, Story and allot off other things could off been done before they even got a Xb1 Kit, Could be achieved easy

And Halo games for the last gen hav always had 2 year cycles. Not including Halo Anniversary.

Halo 3 was 3 years after 2, an Reach 3 years after that.

Sure they staffed up since then, but losing a year made Halo 4 MP suffer.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

J_Allard said:
Kind of off topic as it released late in December but is Spartan Assault any good? Another game I am looking forward to playing on Xbone.

Its basically geometry wars with a halo skin.  Not exactly something you will spend a lot of time with, but it could be a nice diversion every once in a while if you like the twin stick shooter type.  Reviews were pretty bad.